Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone
smile.gif

I was wondering if it's possible to have two partitions on my 8GB SD card? What I'm wanting to do is, have the first partition with my homebrew apps and games. Then, my second partition using WBFS manager for my backups. Right now, I'm using my MP3 Player which supports SD cards. My PC's card reader doesn't support SDHC cards. I don't know if a can still used my MP3 player for doing this or will I have to buy a USB card reader?

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sure can, thing is... you have to use linux.
Gnome Partition Editor:
http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

Look for the LiveCD, which is a bootable "temp" OS. Then you can partition the SD card and prep it.

Google a bit about how to do this in nix, should be relevant documentation out there.

MD

RR99i

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Would there any workaround for Windows? I've tired Arconis Disk Director, which seems to make a partition on the SD card. But the biggest problem I'm finding from me and the Internet. Windows doesn't want to show the other partition. With my luck, making another partition makes all of them on the SD card, not show up.
frown.gif
I've been told it's better just to get another SD card. But this method I'm trying to do, would make my SD card pretty much full.

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, windows does not support working with partitions on SD cards. So its questionable if you actually made a proper partition to begin with.

I would assume if its been properly partitioned windows would then read it, but that's only an assumption.

Maybe I'll tinker around with gparted and see if it works, but don't hold yer breath... lol

MD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld