2DS XL the best of the bunch?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by LuigiXL, Aug 2, 2018.

?
  1. 3DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 3DS XL

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. New 3DS

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. New 3DS XL

15 vote(s)
    68.2%
  5. 2DS XL

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  6. 2DS

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. LuigiXL
    OP

LuigiXL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 19, 2016
    Hi all, I currently have a 3DS XL, but I like the look of the 2DS XL, mainly as it is physically and astheitcally pleasing.. I am tempted but I thought i'd see what you guys think..

Has anyone else made this choice and any opinions on it? Also the top screen LOOKS better but I heard its exactly the same as the Old XL pixel/resolution wise?

Thanks!

2. Redhorse

Redhorse Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2017
    United States
    Twoson
    well I'm one of those rare people who has a new 3 DS non XL that actually enjoys using the 3D.. I also just purchased a Hyrulian 2DS XL. I might have said the 2DS was the best ever made except for the fact that I do enjoy the 3d.. The one thing I have noticed no one had reported about the new 2DS XL IS that the c stick has significantly more space to use it, not cramped near the hinge like every other model. I found this easier for MH battles.

LuigiXL likes this.
  3. DrkBeam

DrkBeam GBAtemp Fan

Jun 12, 2016
    Spain
    New 3ds is the best, tiny screen so it means better pixel density in a 240p screen, enhanced 3d and more raw power than the og 3ds, the new2dsxl I consider with better aesthetic so nothing important

LuigiXL likes this.
  4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    N2DSXL has terrible top screen durability. You have to baby it because Nintendo built this model too cheaply.

IMO, spend the extra $50 and go for the N3DSXL.

NFates and LuigiXL like this.
  5. lpoolm

lpoolm GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I found myself using the 3d less and less so ended up getting a 2ds XL purely as I felt they looked nice!!
    Had no regrets started with the orange and white one then changed to black and blue, did get a cheap pokemon one off amazon but had line down the screen..

6. Tigger

Tigger GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Dual IPS N3DS xl here, love it, 3D on or not