2DS Wont read carts..

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by LuigiXL, Apr 5, 2016.

1. LuigiXL
    OP

LuigiXL GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2016
    Hey all! I just got a 2DS but it wont read cartridges at all.. Occasionnally if i go crazy with putting a game in and out of the mechanism the top icons spin like crazy like when it reads a game, but nothing is shown in the space or can be heard/seen... Any tips?

2. mudassirul

mudassirul GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2010
    Top icon spins when the mic picks up sound. Could be bent or broken pins, take a good look into the slot

3. LuigiXL
    OP

LuigiXL GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2016
    Thank you, didnt know about the mic :)
    Oddly it all looks in tact, the only thing i can see is the metal that runs along the sticker part (where the sticker of the cart rests) is slightly bent. Ill get a pic up!
    [​IMG]

I'll try and get a pic of inside..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

Last edited by LuigiXL, Apr 5, 2016
  4. milerwan

milerwan Seasoned technician

Dec 21, 2013
    France
    The contact should be low or nonexistent for some contactors...
    Be sure to try with original cartdrige first because some linkers have low contact at start.

When test finished, try to use a pin and lift (without forcing) each of the hooks that these contactors form.

5. LuigiXL
    OP

LuigiXL GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2016
    Thanks ill try look at for a pin. I just see with my eyes and pic that everything seems level, but on a cart, the connectors on the 2 ends are lower.. I dont want to mess it up but it just isnt working :(