Hacking 2DS with 6.0.0 firmware, what route to go in order to set up a cfw and install Pokemon 3ds cia's?

nickeh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help in what way I can get a cfw set up and which cfw would be best in order to install Pokemon x/y/or/as cias and use it with pkhex. the 2ds is currently at 6.0.0 U.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Here's what I did and it works pretty well. Note that you'll need access to a DS flashcart for this; you can use your own (I use an R4, currently) or borrow one.

Format emunand on SD card.

Remove SD card, format system (ONLY if you want unlinked NANDs).

Downgrade system to 4.2.0-9U using Gateway's Launcher.dat (must be done after formatting emunand, so don't skip to this step).

Use rxinstaller.nds to enable use of mset exploit.

Boot emunand in rxMode.

Profit.

You can also use any other entry method to boot rxmode, like themehax or any other hax. I just prefer mset personally.

Do note that if your sysnand is below 7.x, saves from newer games (like pokemon) won't work on systems witj sysnand above 7.x.

Or, just follow the guide linked. You don't have to downgrade with 6.x, you can just use the 6.x mset with rxtools.

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 2DS with 6 and all I did was load rxtools using the browser. Then I installed rxtools 6.x to ds profile and just load ds profile to boot into the emunand. I didn't need to downgrade anything or buy cubic ninja.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the thread exists, can I set up CFW with GW at all? My son has a 6.2 2DS and I thought it would be nice for my 7 year old if I set him up with a cold booting CFW and a bunch of installed games. I don't have CN but I do have my own GW that I been using for a year now.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Since the thread exists, can I set up CFW with GW at all? My son has a 6.2 2DS and I thought it would be nice for my 7 year old if I set him up with a cold booting CFW and a bunch of installed games. I don't have CN but I do have my own GW that I been using for a year now.
Read the thread linked above to set up CFW in your 2DS. You can't have autobooting with GW unfortunately.

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It shouldn't be to difficult to show him to invoke the emunand through the profile trick. I'd recommend blocking wireless (after you've setup things) on both sysnand and emunand to avoid him accidentally updating either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: