Homebrew 2ds screen?

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i heard that the 2ds only has one screen. if you were to remove the plastic covering the top screen, could you use the top screen as a touchscreen? if so, this could make for an interesting homebrew game!

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i heard that the 2ds only has one screen. if you were to remove the plastic covering the top screen, could you use the top screen as a touchscreen? if so, this could make for an interesting homebrew game!
No, that's not how that works. The touch screen is comprised of a thin layer of material that only covers the lower screen.

Source: I've opened up my 2ds, and replaced the screen before.

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain

What the heck? XD 2DS has 2 screens (DS=Double Screen), and the top screen has no touch stuff so you could never do that. You would only break your console stupidly.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the heck? XD 2DS has 2 screens (DS=Double Screen), and the top screen has no touch stuff so you could never do that. You would only break your console stupidly.
What he means is that the two screens come in one piece on the 2ds. If you break one screen, you're going to have to replace both because they are connected.

But he is mistaken here in thinking that they are both touch screens.
font201408080247144438.jpg

Last edited by x65943,
Reactions: BL4Z3D247

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that's not how that works. The touch screen is comprised of a thin layer of material that only covers the lower screen.

Source: I've opened up my 2ds, and replaced the screen before.
ok, thanks for the info!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ds actually means "dual screen" :rofl2::yaynds:

Reactions: Lansyer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30