Hardware 2ds repair screens?

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please exacuse if this isn't the correction section to post this but honestly i believe the 3ds section would include 2ds systems as well considering its essentially the same thing in the same line of generation too.

Anyways my question is: Has anyone had any luck finding 2ds 3rd party replacement screens yet?

I can't seem to find any, in fact i can hardly even find original replacement screens. The people selling the original replacement screens want around $85-$90 usd for them.

Those prices are way too expensive , because a used working 2ds would go for $100~ a new one costs about $130. So in reality its not worth even buying those screens and spending the time fixing the 2ds because of the money being spent.

I was hoping for some 3rd party 2ds screens for around $45. I have 3 2ds systems with broken screens which i bought intentionally because i wanted to fix them.

1 of them i got for free from a friend ( this one needs a new slot card reader, sd card reader and lcd screen). Another i got in exchange for a service, and the last one i actually bought ( for about $20). I like fixing things as a hobby, half the things i own for my personal use i probably bought broken and repaired and or changed the outer casing too.

Other times i just buy broken things so i can gain experience from it and repair it for other people for $$$$$.

$90 i just too expesnive for a 2ds screen not worth buying the part and spending the time fixing it to get basically nothing. Hopefully once we hit the 1 year mark or before it we can see more 2ds parts in the market like 3rd party screens ( really only 1), and replacement shells.

SmileCitrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The screens will drop in price. They turn up on eBay occasionally, but as you said, the prices are usually crazy expensive. The few I've seen for sale were listed by sellers who are repair technicians themselves and probably needed to recoup their own losses. There's one seller on Aliexpress who has them for slightly cheaper than eBay, but I still don't think it's worth the price: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-...r-2DS-lcd-display-new-arrival/1765064721.html

If I were you I'd hold on to those broken 2DS consoles and just wait until you can find some cheap screens. A 2DS with a cracked screen sells on eBay right now for as little as 5 to 10 USD because most people don't have a cheap source for screens yet. The same was true back when the 3DS XL first came out. Units with cracked screens sold for insanely low prices because, at that time, the parts to fix them weren't available. Once the price of 2DS screens drops, the price of a console with a cracked screen will probably double or even triple.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom