SintelUK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I recently tried to hack my friends 2DS with the ntrboothax using R4i Gold Pro flashcart, following the steps of a video I found on YouTube (Video: )

Everything went fine, untill I tried re-open the download play app, I got stuck at the Nintendo3ds screen with the red waves pulsing endlessly and it wouldn't take me to the Homebrew app. The uploader said I might have a bad SD card. ( Console SDcard is samsung and the Flashcard is SanDisk ) So I tried redoing the steps and nothing worked, so I gave up at this point.

Today I wanted to try again and now the 2DS won't start. The blue led just comes on for a split second then turns off, and I have even tried booting it holding the start+select+X button and it just had the blue light on the console flash for a little bit longer. I tried formating both cards, but nothing changed. I also tried reapplying the files back to the cards, but nothing changed. I am out of options now and fear that I might've broken the 2DS, anyone here that is able to help?

SintelUK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is whats on the card for the console.

Attachments

• Uten navn.png
    Uten navn.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 118

SintelUK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I reformatted the card but only backed up the original DS files. All the other files that I copied over onto the card are from the downloads I did during the instruction. It was around 10:40 in the video where my system wouldn't proceed and didn't let me go any further.

SintelUK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So if I download all of the files from the link there and follow the instructions, will I be able to start up 3ds files on my card? Or is this a wipe?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The finalizing part is just putting back some files that you are missing. Another thing to do is do a NAND backup using Godmode9
A little addition: The guide assumes you to follow it from the beginning to the end. So the finalizing part does not include downloading the Homebrew Menu (boot.3dsx) as this is on earlier pages. @SintelUK you mentioned formatting your SD. "Section III - Homebrew Launcher" will fail without boot.3dsx (in the root of the SD) from this page:
https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu/releases/tag/v2.0.0
Everything else should work.

SintelUK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I will download the launcher as I just got this message

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Where do I put that boot file for the Homebrew?

Attachments

• 20181231_202055.jpg
    20181231_202055.jpg
    639.3 KB · Views: 126

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I will download the launcher as I just got this message

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Where do I put that boot file for the Homebrew?

Try disabling Arm11 exception handler, in the luma configuration menu, by holding select while system is powering on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny