2DS HDMI Mod Questions

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Yonas, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Yonas
    OP

Yonas Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2016
    United States
    A while back my 2ds screen broke and i ended up buying a new 3ds xl a while after. However, after checking, I realized that the screen itself is the only thing that was broken. I dont really need the ds so I thought I'd take a look inside it and I took the whole thing apart. I realized that the screen uses 2 ribbon cables to display the games being played (i assumed one for the top screen and one for the bottom screen) and i was wondering if it would be possible to replace the screen itself with an HDMI input to ribbon cable. My goal would be to have a TV be the primary display or hook up my elgato to it for recording or streaming. If anyone knows a place to look for stuff on this or has info on where to get the HDMI input or has tried this, please let me know! Thank you!

2. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    The easiest way would be to get the system modified with a capture card since it is a bit elaborate to get video capture from the system

Im aware that this isn't the board for the 2ds but I hope it will help you a bit nonetheless https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Video_Capture

3. Yonas
    OP

Yonas Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2016
    United States
    Thank you! im more looking to avoid buying a capture card simply because of price but i was thinking an HDMI female to a 12 ish terminal ribbon cable converter would work and then i can use the capture card i already have.