2DS Hardmod Issue

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by thelastlokean, Jun 25, 2016.

1. thelastlokean
    OP

thelastlokean Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    United States
    MN
    So I was helping a friend do a hard mod on his 2DS...

His CLK Solder Pad broke off with a wire. I think it was a bad pad or something, cause I've done a few of these mods and never had this issue.

I was thinking of trying to scratch off some top plastic layer and get to the trace, but its hard to even tell 100% which line it is. Anyways, the 2DS still boots, so thats good, but the hardmod progress is totally stopped.

Any alternative pads or pins or access points on the board that are also CLK? If not, anyone able to do a little testing on a 2DS with a multimeter if there are any other options? Or anyone have a different idea?

2. Thee_BaBs

Thee_BaBs GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2015
    United States
    Do you have a picture of the pcb?

3. thelastlokean
    OP

thelastlokean Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    United States
    MN
    I can grab a picture in the morning... Gave up on it for the night and left the console over at the friends house while I did some research on options... (Asked here, lol)

4. testerfan

testerfan GBAtemp Regular

May 28, 2013
    United States
    yes, just did some testing with multimeter, you can use TP265 for CLK, TP260=TP265, TP253=TP270

thelastlokean likes this.
  5. thelastlokean
    OP

thelastlokean Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    United States
    MN
    ^ You are my savior!

Sorry for the lack of pictures yet, I'll get them up sometime today!

Recently went to W10, forgot about the pain of drivers and getting my older usb cams working...