2DS gets stretched screen and can't boot HBL

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Duckmaster, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Duckmaster
    OP

Duckmaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2007
    Taiwan
    Songshan, Taipei
    Hello everyone, sorry to bother with my problem :(

So I followed that tutorial on YouTube :
    For my 2ds. Everything was flawless till the SysNand Restore (keep a91h) part. It triggered an error (non existant file), I rebooted and did it again and it worked.
    However, I couldn't inject H&S (same error) and now the top screen of the 2DS stretches away from the screen, I can only see half of it (except on the web browser).

If I remove the SD card, the 2ds doesn't boot.
    If I try to use soundhax or the web browser to boot HBL, it freezes the 2ds.

I'm convinced Luma did install (I can hold R or start during startup, it does send me to Luma or the Hourglass/Luma/Decrypt9 choice), but I can't check the system version in the system settings anymore as the screen is stretched.

2DS is ver 10.3.0.17EU

Can somebody help me please ? Thank you :(

EDIT: 6/1/2017 : Solved !

Last edited by Duckmaster, Jun 1, 2017
  2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Your first problem is that you followed an outdated video guide, when you should've only followed http://3ds.guide. The stretched screen on 2.1.0 is normal on a 2DS, as the firmware was never made to be available on that system. A stretched screen on any other firmware, I'm not sure of as I've only seen the issue on 2.1.0. A system not booting without the SD card in is normal for Luma because it doesn't recognize the payload on CTRNAND (because there is none). As to what you can do from here, I have no clue.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Jun 1, 2017
    Quantumcat and Byokugen like this.
  3. Duckmaster
    OP

Duckmaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2007
    Taiwan
    Songshan, Taipei
    Thank you very much for the fast reply.

Is there any way to go back ? Or do I need to do a hard mode in order to do so ?

I wanted to try using that tutorial you just linked, but whenever I try to boot HBL using soundhax the 2DS freezes... :(

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It sounds like you are still on 2.1. Try the NAND restore again and make sure it's successful. If you still have a stretched screen after that, you most likely made a NAND backup while on 2.1 and it overwrote your 10.3 backup.

Quantumcat likes this.
  5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Last edited by Quantumcat, Jun 1, 2017
    zoogie likes this.
  6. Duckmaster
    OP

Duckmaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2007
    Taiwan
    Songshan, Taipei
    That solved the problem and fixed everything.
    Thank you so much !

Quantumcat likes this.