Hacking Hardware 2DS(CFW) Black screen with blue light randomly

BR94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, I have a problem with my old 2DS. When I play a game or even when I am on the home screen sometimes the device shows a black screen but with blue light next to the power button.
I need to switch the sleep button to off and then go to on and the device it's back to normal. What could be the cause of that behavior? I need to add that previously I have never had any similar problems.
Thanks

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's switching to sleep mode by itself for some reason? Holding the power button then returning to home menu doesn't work (only black screen)?

BR94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe it's switching to sleep mode by itself for some reason? Holding the power button then returning to home menu doesn't work (only black screen)?
No, it doesn't work. I need to switch the sleep button to "Off" and then to "On". Or sometimes it's only a quick black screen like 2 seconds and then it's back to the game. Also, I had never had a situation where I can't boot the device.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it doesn't work. I need to switch the sleep button to "Off" and then to "On". Or sometimes it's only a quick black screen like 2 seconds and then it's back to the game. Also, I had never had a situation where I can't boot the device.
Something with the sleep mode then. It happens only when it's idle or even when you're using it, like playing a game?

BR94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's random. Sometimes when it's idle and sometimes when i am using it
Post automatically merged:

I think you are right that it was something with the sleep mode. Yesterday I observed that stronger touch of the sleep button, occurring the black screen. I cleaned the gap of the sleep switch button using alcohol and for now, the problem disappeared.
Thank you @CoolMe

Last edited by BR94,
Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?