Hardware 2D Only Model Of 3DS?

1776WillCommenceAgain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I wouldn't call the headaches and eye strain a load of 'bollocks'... That's known to happen in when 3D is involved. So it doesn't happen to you, but it does to plenty of other people so it's not 'bollocks'...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alexg1989 said:
well I wouldn't call the headaches and eye strain a load of 'bollocks'... That's known to happen in when 3D is involved. So it doesn't happen to you, but it does to plenty of other people so it's not 'bollocks'...
More like the minority.

Some people are just not giving it enough time to get use to it.

Ancalagon1989

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd definitely buy a 2D version of the 3DS because even after playing in 2D-mode my eyes really hurt and I can hardly keep them open.
Don't know what's wrong with my eyes, but it's really sad. :-/
(I had no problems with any Nintendo handheld until the 3DS)

silver_ryder

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ancalagon1989 said:
I'd definitely buy a 2D version of the 3DS because even after playing in 2D-mode my eyes really hurt and I can hardly keep them open.

Must be a joke!?
Turn off the 3D...!

And if even in 2D yours eyes still hurt, nothing gone change with a 2D version off the 3DS, unless the RRP (price).

Ancalagon1989

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
silver_ryder said:
Ancalagon1989 said:

Must be a joke!?
Turn off the 3D...!

And if even in 2D yours eyes still hurt, nothing gone change with a 2D version off the 3DS, unless the RRP (price).

That's no joke. I disabled the 3D on Friday, and never used it again.
The difference between the 3DS and a 2DS-Version of it would be that the display wouldn't have the layers of the 3D-Screen. It would be more like the DSlite screen, which was just fine for my eyes.
But I think a 2D-3DS will never happen.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ancalagon1989 said:
That definitely paranoia at it fineness.
laugh.gif

Are even sure that you turn it all the way off?
laugh.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
stanleyopar2000 said:
Nope. not gonna happen..because Nintendo would have to make it cheaper..
No they wouldn't. A regular screen wouldn't be that much cheaper than a 3D one, and the added cost of developing a second product, and the increased manufacturing costs per unit (because you're making a smaller series) would bring a 2D version up to the price of the 3DS.

All in all, there's really no point in making a separate 2D version when you can simply turn off the 3D effect on the regular model.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Ancalagon1989 said:
That definitely paranoia at it fineness.
laugh.gif

Are even sure that you turn it all the way off?
laugh.gif

I'm gonna take a guess that it isn't the screen itself. Going from a DSphat to a 3DS, I noticed something right from the start. The max brightness it was defaulted at was really 'bright', even to the point that it irritated my eyes. I turned that down, and I now have no problems, plus I get the benefit of a longer battery life.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ancalagon1989 said:
Thanks for making fun of me.
As long as you've got no problems, everything's just fine, mh?
Not making fun of you, just something doesn't seem right.

Specially that the first time I've ever heard that.

Some people try to find something wrong with it and that thing end up not being a problem.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have been playing today and I have a SLIGHT headache. Do I blame my 3DS? No. I blame the fact that I keep having to readjust to the 3D every time I have to stop playing, which has been quite a bit today as my kids do not wish to behave. So, in short, I blame my kids for my 3DS Headache. Lol.

Also, if you want a 2D model 3DS, then just turn the 3D slider off. Boom, instant 2D 3DS. Seriously, where do people get these ideas? They wouldn't make a 2D model because they wouldn't be able to call it a 3DS then. It'd be a whole new DS, and that just isn't good for marketing right after the big launch.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
Nathan Drake said:
NoOneDies said:
You can always turn off 3D

This too. Just always leave the 3D slider off. Bam, no 3D.

Bam, wasted money.

QUOTE(Veho @ Mar 28 2011, 01:43 PM) QUOTE(stanleyopar2000 @ Mar 28 2011, 06:50 PM)
Nope. not gonna happen..because Nintendo would have to make it cheaper..
No they wouldn't. A regular screen wouldn't be that much cheaper than a 3D one, and the added cost of developing a second product, and the increased manufacturing costs per unit (because you're making a smaller series) would bring a 2D version up to the price of the 3DS.

All in all, there's really no point in making a separate 2D version when you can simply turn off the 3D effect on the regular model.
@TwinRetro to me not a waste of money.
@MarcusRaven
laugh.gif

Even if it is cheaper, it probably wouldn't be enough for Nintendo to try to manage both models for such a minority. 3DS 3d doesn't keep
you from enjoying the system.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
Nathan Drake said:
NoOneDies said:
You can always turn off 3D

This too. Just always leave the 3D slider off. Bam, no 3D.
Bam, wasted money.

Bam, longer battery life = Bam, no wasted money.

Besides, most products nowadays have a feature that at least 1 person won't bother to use.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally the only reason I'd have to buy a 3DS at the moment is for essentially an upgraded DS (I know it's not an upgraded DS, if you respond saying so I will slap your face). If the 2D model had some type of improvement or was cheaper than a 3D model, I'd go for it.

3D is, despite what all the raging fanboys say, a purely aesthetic feature that doesn't make gameplay. Any game in 3D can be played in 2D, at least at the moment and at least with every 3DS game that's been (and being) advertised.

dills2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
peoples eyes aching are usually isolated incidents of people with the 3d effect on for hours and their to stupid to turn the 3d off when their eyes slightly hurt and then they carry on for hours still then they balme nintendo for some reason (presumably for not making them a better brain lol)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guild McCommunist said:
Personally the only reason I'd have to buy a 3DS at the moment is for essentially an upgraded DS (I know it's not an upgraded DS, if you respond saying so I will slap your face). If the 2D model had some type of improvement or was cheaper than a 3D model, I'd go for it.

3D is, despite what all the raging fanboys say, a purely aesthetic feature that doesn't make gameplay. Any game in 3D can be played in 2D, at least at the moment and at least with every 3DS game that's been (and being) advertised.
Seriously though, it would be better if better hardware were to replace the 3D.

Please Nintendo if you ever made one please bump the resolution to 800 by 480.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk