Visit site
XP
Country
Wednesday at 16:00 Berlin time (GMT+1)

http://events.ccc.de/congress/2010/Fahrpla...ts/4087.en.html

QUOTE said:
Console Hacking 2010

PS3 Epic Fail

Over 70 million Wiis, over 40 million Xbox 360s and over 35 million Playstation 3s have been sold in the last few years. That makes over 145 million embedded devices out there and most of them are just used to play games. But what can you do with them if you don't like playing games? You hack them to make them run your own code of course! We're going to talk about the various hacks that you can use to gain control of your hardware and make it do what you want it to do.

2010 saw the first hacks for the Playstation 3, soon after Sony removed Other OS functionality. We will detail the operation of current PS3 exploits, show a few new ones and explain where and how Sony went wrong when designing its security system, and show how these holes can be used to gain control over the system and bring Linux back to the PS3.

We will also go over hacks for the other consoles, including the JTAG hack for the Xbox 360 which made running homebrew code more convenient, and the cat-and-mouse games that Nintendo played with us to combat Wii hacks. We might also check out the security of their 'new' handheld console - the DSi.

Gamers might find this talk interesting even though it is targeted at those who hack (or design) embedded system security. A basic knowledge of crypto is therefore assumed. We will also be present in the Hackcenter before and after the presentation for those of you who are interested in learning more about the subject.
smile.gif

Linkpal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll never forget the one where bushing and gang displayed non-native code running on the Wii. I remember seeing that, and wondering what would come from it.

Now look at it.
tongue.gif
It's incredible, really. I wonder if they'll have anything to blow our socks off this year.

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Pfft, hacking's easy.. I hack every morning.

1196709978_8827.jpg

Just kidding. Personally I think game hacking is for nabs, but that's just my opinion. AR Codes, Injector hacks and other have destroyed online gaming for the real gamers. The only reason for someone to hack is if you're blind and have down syndrome, only then would I approve your use of hacks.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
iSneeze said:
Just kidding. Personally I think game hacking is for nabs, but that's just my opinion. AR Codes, Injector hacks and other have destroyed online gaming for the real gamers. The only reason for someone to hack is if you're blind and have down syndrome, only then would I approve your use of hacks.
If that's the only thing you think of then you think of "hacking", I'm going to have to ask you to do some reading before you open your mouth again on this subject.

This is a good book.
http://www.amazon.com/Art-Deception-Contro...y/dp/0471237124

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
iSneeze said:
If that's the only thing you think of then you think of "hacking", I'm going to have to ask you to do some reading before you open your mouth again on this subject.

This is a good book.

I said game hacking. Didn't mention anything about hacking in it's general form.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iSneeze said:
Rydian said:
iSneeze said:

This is a good book.

I said game hacking. Didn't mention anything about hacking in it's general form.

But this thread is NOTHING to do with game hacking. It is to do with hacking in its general form.

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
iSneeze said:
Rydian said:
iSneeze said:

This is a good book.

But this thread is NOTHING to do with game hacking. It is to do with hacking in its general form.

Not exactly a hacker so I wouldn't know anything besides game hacks.. Plus this is a gamer's website..

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iSneeze said:
SifJar said:
iSneeze said:
Rydian said:
iSneeze said:

This is a good book.

Not exactly a hacker so I wouldn't know anything besides game hacks.. Plus this is a gamer's website..

Yes but since its in the news section and not a console section it has to do with everything hacking.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
iSneeze I think it's better if you refrain from posting in that thread for now, thanks
I will trash your posts if you post any further irrelevant/annoying message

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
Also others if you want to see some older ones poke around http://c3.ex23.de/ - it seems to be room, date and time. On the matter of time it is in Germany (an hour ahead of UK time at present) so account for that if planning to watch something live
Sometimes it's unavailable. Check often.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii