Hacking $24 PS3 Jailbreak

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so people know. Matthiew and his team are great programmers and are interested in homebrew on the PS3, not piracy. As such they are intentionally taking out the parts, like bddvd component that the backup manager uses. Consider their contribution to be what the HomeBrew Channel provides on the Wii.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Edhel said:
Looks like the code is out now according to Mathieulh's Twitter account. It's called psgroove and the backup loading feature has been disabled.

http://github.com/psgroove/psgroove
Do you just put it on a USB stick?
unsure.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Scott-105 said:
Edhel said:
Looks like the code is out now according to Mathieulh's Twitter account. It's called psgroove and the backup loading feature has been disabled.

http://github.com/psgroove/psgroove
Do you just put it on a USB stick?
unsure.gif

No. On the page it states what chips and boards are supported. The Teensy for example is a usb development board that you can flash it to.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
steveo581 said:
backups still playable with this thing?

QUOTEThis software is not intended to enable piracy, and such features have been disabled. This software is intended to allow the execution of unsigned third-party apps and games on the PS3

t_jay17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was the software(backup manager) that allowed you to backup games not the hardware(psjailbreak), or am I wrong?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
t_jay17 said:
I thought it was the software(backup manager) that allowed you to backup games not the hardware(psjailbreak), or am I wrong?The hardware puts the PS3 into Dev mode, from there you can use the backup manager to play games.

When this "homemade" one launches the PS3 into Dev mode, it purposely doesn't enable the BD emulator, which means you can't run official games (even if you did back them up), just homebrew.

EDIT: http://www.pjrc.com/store/teensypp.html QUOTEUpdate, Tuesday, Aug 31, 5:41 PM: We have received a higher than usual volume of orders for this item, and we're working to ship orders as quickly as possible.

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your order!  Digi-Key has processed and shipped salesorder
#XXXXXXX, invoice #XXXXXXXX, to you

smile.gif

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
fyi Some sites already have PsGroove patched to work with backups. not sure if it fully works yet as I am unsure if it requires someone to complile some sort of software like Backup manager, but I'm just relaying the info. Patched version is already out.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jurai said:
the psgroove team is apparently gonna try to port so you can run it from a hacked PSP
Thanks for repeating that, incase people didn't see the first time...

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I were to take my sisters Ti 84 plus calc i could use it to start the backup manager with the modded version of psgroove which allows for bd component and give the calc back to my sister or do i need to keep it in during the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I forgot password consult admin