Tutorial  Updated

2021 Atmosphere (13.1.0) + SXOS Dualboot (11.0.0 downgraded) with TWO emunands!

NOTE: FILE BASED emunand may corruption risk, if you want use sd partitions follow this tutorial https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

I didnt have nintendo switch when sxos worked fine. But i wanted to run xci games without install...

I have nintendo switch v1 on 13.1.0 with atmosphere on emunand, and i made a downgraded emunand with atmosphere to 11.0.0 and converted to sxos emunand format.

The process will be simple but a little time-consuming, in short what we're going to do is create the emunand as if it were for the atmosphere, downgrade with daybreak and then convert that emunand to sxos, and then start the sxos payload from hekate to be dualboot

The Tutorial:
First you need to have latest atmosphere compatible with 13.1.0 and create second emunand (if you have one emunand SD00, the second will be SD001)
Second copy the zip of this post to your sd card (NOTE: the path of emuMMC for payloads on hekate_ipl.ini are changed to SD00 and SD01)

Code:
[Emunand 1 13.1.0]
cal0blank=1
atmosphere=1
emummcforce=1
emupath=emuMMC/SD00
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
logopath=bootloader/res/bootlogo_fusee.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_ams_fusee.bmp
{ }
[Emunand 2 (Remove after finish)]
cal0blank=1
atmosphere=1
emummcforce=1
emupath=emuMMC/SD01
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
{ }
[SXOS Boot]
payload=bootloader/payloads/sxos.bin
logopath=bootloader/res/bootlogo_sx.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_sxos.bmp
{ }

Open your Emunand 2 (SD01) and verify if it is same the ofw (new copy of nand)
Open your AIO Switch Updater and go to firmwares and download 11.0.0, after open Day Break homebrew, navigate to firmware folder and install 11.0.0 on your emunand (SD01)

Your second emunand now downgraded to 11.0.0!!

Now, we convert emummc from atmosphere to sxos format compatible.

You need to open the EmuTool.exe downloaded in zip of this tutorial,
select on the left: Atmosphere File and location of your eMMC folder on switch sdcard.
select on the right: SXOS file, and select path to export sxos emummc (folder on desktop or any folder).
emunand.jpeg

After the program finish, you will have sxos folder with .bin files from emummc converted.

Go to switch sd card, remove the emuMMC/SD01 folder from your sdcard and paste sxos folder generated by emutool.exe on your switch sdcard root

like this:
WhatsApp Image 2021-11-11 at 22.10.38.jpeg

Download and copy sx os cracked boot.dat & license.dat to root of your sdcard https://www.mediafire.com/file/pdwy4i08kpygdfg/sxos_ready_to_use.zip/file

Now you can boot sxos on 11.0.0 by hekate clicking on sxos icon at boot menu...

NOTE:
You can delete this entry from your hekate_ipl.ini...

Code:
cal0blank=1
atmosphere=1
emummcforce=1
emupath=emuMMC/SD01
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
{ }

Some screenshots
2021111210134600-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
2021111210150300-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
2021111210151400-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

Attachments

• copy to your sd 1.zip
    7 MB · Views: 312
  • EmuTool.exe.zip
    65.1 KB · Views: 303
Last edited by brawhalla1,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: The Real Jdbye

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt have nintendo switch when sxos worked fine. But i wanted to run xci games without install...

I have nintendo switch v1 on 13.1.0 with atmosphere on emunand, and i made a downgraded emunand with atmosphere to 11.0.0 and converted to sxos emunand format.

The process will be simple but a little time-consuming, in short what we're going to do is create the emunand as if it were for the atmosphere, downgrade with daybreak and then convert that emunand to sxos, and then start the sxos payload from hekate to be dualboot

The Tutorial:
First you need to have latest atmosphere compatible with 13.1.0 and create second emunand (if you have one emunand SD00, the second will be SD001)
Second copy the zip of this post to your sd card (NOTE: the path of emuMMC for payloads on hekate_ipl.ini are changed to SD00 and SD01)

Code:
[Emunand 1 13.1.0]
cal0blank=1
atmosphere=1
emummcforce=1
emupath=emuMMC/SD00
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
{ }
cal0blank=1
atmosphere=1
emummcforce=1
emupath=emuMMC/SD01
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
{ }
[SXOS Boot]
payload=bootloader/payloads/sxos.bin
logopath=bootloader/res/bootlogo_sx.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_sxos.bmp
{ }

Open your Emunand 2 (SD01) and verify if it is same the ofw (new copy of nand)
Open your AIO Switch Updater and go to firmwares and download 11.0.0, after open Day Break homebrew, navigate to firmware folder and install 11.0.0 on your emunand (SD01)

Your second emunand now downgraded to 11.0.0!!

Now, we convert emummc from atmosphere to sxos format compatible.

You need to open the EmuTool.exe downloaded in zip of this tutorial,
select on the left: Atmosphere File and location of your eMMC folder on switch sdcard.
select on the right: SXOS file, and select path to export sxos emummc (folder on desktop or any folder).
View attachment 284308

After the program finish, you will have sxos folder with .bin files from emummc converted.

Go to switch sd card, remove the emuMMC/SD01 folder from your sdcard and paste sxos folder generated by emutool.exe on your switch sdcard root

like this:
View attachment 284309

Download and copy sx os cracked boot.dat & license.dat to root of your sdcard https://www.mediafire.com/file/pdwy4i08kpygdfg/sxos_ready_to_use.zip/file

Now you can boot sxos on 11.0.0 by hekate clicking on sxos icon at boot menu...

NOTE:
You can delete this entry from your hekate_ipl.ini...

Code:
cal0blank=1
atmosphere=1
emummcforce=1
emupath=emuMMC/SD01
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
{ }

Some screenshots
You should put a warning letting people know that this is an inferior method and that their data is at risk with this method.

Lather

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Before: Thank you for posting the tutorial! But I personally think that there is no special reason to keep the switch in the old version.

After: I personally think that there is no special reason to keep the switch in the old version. But thank you for posting the tutorial!
In order to avoid certain controversies, I changed the order of sentences.

Last edited by Lather,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for posting the tutorial! But I personally think that there is no special reason to keep the switch in the old version.

Sure there is. Although this is a dangerous method USB bloading is great.

Thanks for the comment! I personally think that there is no reason to listen to your special opinions!

cashboxz01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for posting the tutorial! But I personally think that there is no special reason to keep the switch in the old version.
There's plenty of stuff that's just way easier to do on SX OS (ie: cheats, XCI loading, FTP, Stealth Mode, etc.).
I just bought a separate microSD for atmosphere. SX OS is like a polished product...kinda like macOS vs Linux. They both do the same things, however one has everything needed built-in with a better UI.

Reactions: Purple_Shyguy

Lather

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
There's plenty of stuff that's just way easier to do on SX OS (ie: cheats, XCI loading, FTP, Stealth Mode, etc.).
I just bought a separate microSD for atmosphere. SX OS is like a polished product...kinda like macOS vs Linux. They both do the same things, however one has everything needed built-in with a better UI.
For the functions you mentioned, many freely shared third-party tools can do these tasks. There is nothing particularly good about SX, it just packs them together to make an SXUI.
These are actually what it should do, because to some extent its tools are "charged."

Tumbleweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For the functions you mentioned, many freely shared third-party tools can do these tasks. There is nothing particularly good about SX, it just packs them together to make an SXUI.
These are actually what it should do, because to some extent its tools are "charged."
xci loading...sorry but that will be always a reason for people to still use SX OS, if you care ofc.

Lather

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
xci loading...sorry but that will be always a reason for people to still use SX OS, if you care ofc.
I know, I had used it before change to AMS. This should not be a matter of concern or unconcern, XCI loading is really good.

Last edited by Lather,

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i did it, thanks
Hello, I did all the step you gave, but when I entered hekate and try to boot sx os, it will always kick me to hekate again. By the way the boot.dat that you gave can't make the switch to boot at all (it gave me the "boot.dat?" notice). So I'm using the boot.dat from atmosphere pack (12kb version).
Can you help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-