26 vote(s)
    81.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Mine is just starting to experience problems. First I noticed a bit of a "sticky" movement when moving the stick to the right, like it took half a second to register the full press, which was very noticeable in games where a slight press makes you walk and a full press makes you run.
    More recently, I noticed some slight drifting, which I confirmed with the stick calibration settings. But it seems to have gone away again. I'm sure it'll return before long though. It seems like everyone experiences JoyCon drift sooner or later, I've always been careful with my Switch and it's still happening to me. And Nintendo have done absolutely nothing to fix it.

2. Agilato

Agilato GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have feeling that case again Nintendo and drift issue was poorly built and also settled too unfair for consumers.

3. The Real Jdbye

Norway
    No, what actually seems to be the issue is the graphite material they use for pressure sensing, which erodes away over time. It's unclear if it's the pads being eroded, or the microscopic graphite dust it creates that causes the issue though. Likely mostly the latter, as spraying electronics cleaner into the stick seems to help for a while. The pressure sensitive graphite pads is how analog movement is done in such a small form factor, without the need for potentiometers, but in a way, it suffers from much the same issue as the N64 analog stick.
    I don't know if there is a better way to make analog sticks that slim. An alternative would be circle pads, but I would rather take proper analog sticks that need replacing every now and then TBH.
    The D-pad is fine if you buy the Xenoblade edition ;)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  4. Agilato

Agilato GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I repaired about 200+ Joy-Cons with drift and about 95% of them had metal back shell bent out, so i think it has more than one failure point.

5. The Real Jdbye

Norway
    That may be true, but I do not think it would cause drifting.

6. Agilato

Agilato GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Anyway problem still there even in new Joy-Cons we keep seeing same sh*tty design. No changes at all after Nintendo was sued for it... and that is very sad... they keep making loads of money on people buying new Joy-Cons, honestly waiting about a month for Nintendo to repair Joy-Cons not even funny.

7. LiveLatios

OP LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Canada
    does sony have a patent on the way they did the analog sticks for the vita or something? because the vita sticks are infinitely better built, albeit with the lack of the button when you click them

8. TunaKetchup

TunaKetchup GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    I tried playing Mortal Kombat 2 with the Pro Controller and it was honestly unplayable

I got the Sn30 Pro and while it is better than the Pro you can still get false inputs to come up

Really upsetting

9. The Real Jdbye

Norway
    Agreed, the only thing I don't like about the Pro Controller is how easy it is to make incorrect inputs with the D-Pad. It doesn't matter so much in many games, but in others it makes them harder to play, and it's just annoying. No reason you wouldn't be able to 3D print a piece with a longer pivot to solve that issue though. Might even be able to make something that will slot onto the existing D-Pad, to keep it looking original, rather than 3D print a whole D-Pad.

10. Agilato

Agilato GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Long time ago i spotted this fix for Switch Pro Controller D-Pad.
    I understand that modding new controller is not what consumers want, but at least it might help someone here.
    Also works for 8bitdo.

Attached Files:

susi91 likes this.
  11. LiveLatios

OP LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Canada
    i remember seeing people use this as a solution instead
    these are paper reinforcement rings
    [​IMG]

susi91 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted