Trophies
Website
www.dscartshop.com
XP
Country
United States
Update Date:2010-11-15
2010 Xmas Version AK2i

This special version of AK2i for 2010 Christmas is a best gift for friends! Come on and get one in this Christmas!
This package is limited, while supplies last. Please contact your resellers for details.
2.jpg

1.jpg

A Good Xmas gift,looks cute.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow wee that's snazzy. They have time to put out a Christmas box but how long has it been since they've done anything with their card or official firmware.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Infinite Zero said:
wish they also changed the outer design/color of the flashcart of the AK2i! that would be awesome.

Yes. We need a new sticker. The old one is really boring. And it's not fun to have three cards with the same ugly sticker.

Anyway, DsCardShop says that AK2i Christmas Edition is $12.02 pre-flashed, but it's still $13.50 and non-christmas at the shopping page...

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pliskron said:
Wow wee that's snazzy. They have time to put out a Christmas box but how long has it been since they've done anything with their card or official firmware.

...In September. They released an update like 1 day after 1.4.1 came out.... and there's no need to release new firmware if AKAIO is pretty much doing everything..

Also, these boxes are ugly. I'm sorry, they just look plain ugly to me.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
Okay, you've gotta' be trolling, because I don't even KNOW how many times I've pointed out to you (yes you, specifically!) that if they updated the official firmware it'd be a waste of time/energy since AKAIO is taking care of it. A common phrase in the hacking community is "don't reinvent the wheel". Why update the old firmware when the new one has all the updates? AKAIO's not just game updates, it gets new features every so often (check akaio.net to read/make suggestions), if you'd check the changelogs.

As for the official team being dead... they released the 1.4.1 fix within a day (as ShadowSoldier pointed out). Hard for a dead team that never does anything to do that.
tongue.gif

This is the last time I tell you this before I write this specific subject of yours off as trolling (and simply report it in the future as you must be posting it just to fuck with people).

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Etalon said:
Infinite Zero said:
wish they also changed the outer design/color of the flashcart of the AK2i! that would be awesome.

Yes. We need a new sticker. The old one is really boring. And it's not fun to have three cards with the same ugly sticker.

Anyway, DsCardShop says that AK2i Christmas Edition is $12.02 pre-flashed, but it's still $13.50 and non-christmas at the shopping page...
I just wish they would put it on straight, that would be a nice start. I have two acekards with crooked stickers.
mad.gif

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
Etalon said:
Infinite Zero said:

I just wish they would put it on straight, that would be a nice start. I have two acekards with crooked stickers.
mad.gif

agreed, but why stop there?
how about a thicker sticker, so I can stop using the paper trick

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Pliskron said:
Okay, you've gotta' be trolling, because I don't even KNOW how many times I've pointed out to you (yes you, specifically!) that if they updated the official firmware it'd be a waste of time/energy since AKAIO is taking care of it. A common phrase in the hacking community is "don't reinvent the wheel". Why update the old firmware when the new one has all the updates? AKAIO's not just game updates, it gets new features every so often (check akaio.net to read/make suggestions), if you'd check the changelogs.

As for the official team being dead... they released the 1.4.1 fix within a day (as ShadowSoldier pointed out). Hard for a dead team that never does anything to do that.
tongue.gif

This is the last time I tell you this before I write this specific subject of yours off as trolling (and simply report it in the future as you must be posting it just to fuck with people).
Sorry but this card has some pretty long standing issues that team AK refuse to address like contact issues, gba 3in1 support problems and so on but they'd rather collect money, sub out firmware development to a group of fifteen year old kids. In short the only thing Team AK does is sell cards and I'm supposed to think that a Christmas box is cool? I'll tell you something there's a lot of R4's with more lively support but if I point that out and how non newsworthy a Christmas box is I'm going to be reported as a troll? Ok buddy go for it.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Rydian said:

No. He's not a troll. He's a hardcore CycloDS fan. That's how these people are.

He's just envious that our $10 chewing gum card works better than his $50 deluxe platinum piracy tool...
moogle.gif

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Rydian said:
Pliskron said:
I point that out and how non newsworthy a Christmas box is I'm going to be reported as a troll? Ok buddy go for it.
My post didn't mention the christmas box AT ALL, but good try.
tongue.gif

Well, I'll report you both for trolling if you won't praise our christmas box here!

Topic: 2010 Xmas Version AK2i
moogle.gif

xmasf.jpg

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Okay wait what the hell $12?

What reseller has enough spare cash to design and make a new box AND sell the card for way less over OEM price than others?

I mean it's not like repeat customers for the same cart model are common or anything.

What do they gain?

New customers??

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
I just changed my signature to honour the Christmas Acekard!

Well, $12.02 is only when you buy 50. It's $13.50 if you buy only one.

50 Acekards will make you a lot of friends... $601 for 50 cards. That's worth it, isn't it..?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool