Hacking 2 questions

Iamapirate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, as recommended by another member a while back, I've switch my CFW on my o3DS from rxtools to Luma3DS, and somewhat stupidly, I updated the emu to 11.1. I think I have a backup though, so I'm assuming it's possible to downgrade that, right? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Also:
On RXTools I was unable to access the eShop (error message when using the app, freeze when using the HBL version) and now I'm still getting errors whenever I try to access it on Luma3DS. I don't understand.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So, as recommended by another member a while back, I've switch my CFW on my o3DS from rxtools to Luma3DS, and somewhat stupidly, I updated the emu to 11.1. I think I have a backup though, so I'm assuming it's possible to downgrade that, right? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Also:
On RXTools I was unable to access the eShop (error message when using the app, freeze when using the HBL version) and now I'm still getting errors whenever I try to access it on Luma3DS. I don't understand.

Luma should work fine on 11.1. What is the error code? Probably something to do with needing to log in or out of your NNID on sysNAND.

Iamapirate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Error Code: 022-2634.

Wasn't logged in on SysNAND so I'll try that now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update:
Error Code: 022-2511

"A system update is required before online services can be used."

That happened after trying to log into NNID on sysnand

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
backup emunand and your sd card
format emunand (backup your nintendo 3ds folder before this)
sign into your nnid with your formatted emunand
confirm that it works
backup this nand under another name
restore first emunand backup
(for your second question)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Also:

You probably unlinked your NANDs at some point and didn't use TinyFormat, so your NNID was unlinked server side.
You can make a new emuNAND (either on a separate SD card, or back up your current emuNAND and SD card contents and make a new emuNAND on it), update it and log in to your NNID. That should get your NNID working again on the old emuNAND.

Iamapirate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok... I formatted via tinyformat anf everything, but now when I try to sign into my NNID it's telling me I need to update (even on my up-to-date emunand) trying to log in on my 9.2 sysnand as well but getting the same results.

Seems bizarre because I could still use the online features without being able to use eshop.;

Iamapirate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Update:

So... I'm signed out of NNID on both Sys and Emu, and now EShop works without having to sign in (somehow) but now I cannot restore my regular Emunand. It freezes at 20%

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Dude, I was in the same situation as you. I have a Nintendo XL (OLD3ds) in version 9.2. So I did not have to downgrade to 9.2 and keep all my saves and data Nand (Mii Plaza, Saves, etc.) During the process to install A9LH.

I had the same problem after reinstalling the backup of Nand. The Eshop not connected, giving 022-2634 Error. this is error is caused by an authentication duality in the Nintendo servers. But that you already know, so ...

After much reading, I ended up using two tutorials, and elaborated a method that served to me without the loss of my 9.2's original backup. (Original A9LH):

1. Remove the SD of your device and Make a backup of your entire SD using Win32DiskManager program. Create an SD image and keep safe.
(If all goes wrong, just restore this image to your SD)
(For some unknown reason, the Emunandtool did not work because not detect my SD)

2- Download the last version of TinyFormat, and install in the Emunand Using FBI.

3- Make sure you has in files9 folder backup of Nand (9.2) made during the installation process after A9LH activated.
(The name of my file is NANDmin_sys.bin, referring to the FILE ORIGINAL 9.2 DONE BEFORE INSTALLING THE FIRM 2.1)

4 Go to an Internet Browser (out of 3ds), visit Miiverse Site and try to log in, if returns the error during login process, no problem. This will make an authentication of your NNID *
* (This part may be a coincidence, but worked for me)

5. Go back to his >> 3ds Tinyformat >> format your device and reconfigure it.
(3ds will Return to Emunand in version 9.2)

6- After Reset On, Turn off the device and Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding Start on boot
- Go to "SysNAND Backup / Restore ..."
- Select "Restore SysNAND (keep a9lh)"
- Confirm and restore from NANDmin.bin (The name of my file is NANDmin_sys.bin, referring to the FILE ORIGINAL 9.2 DONE BEFORE INSTALLING THE FIRM 2.1)

7- In the newly applied version, go to Settings >> Nintendo Network Identification >> and make sure your id is logged. If he gives notice asking to update the Firm, return to the main menu.

8- Try to log in Eshop. If ask to update the firm, go to Settings and make the upgrade.

9. Complete the installation procedure for the FBI via Banner Injection and try to enter the eShop.

If all goes well, your eshop will be functional and your data intact.

Last edited by Mr Skinner,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, I was in the same situation as you. I have a Nintendo XL (OLD3ds) in version 9.2. So I did not have to downgrade to 9.2 and keep all my saves and data Nand (Mii Plaza, Saves, etc.) During the process to install A9LH.

I had the same problem after reinstalling the backup of Nand. The Eshop not connected, giving 022-2634 Error. this is error is caused by an authentication duality in the Nintendo servers. But that you already know, so ...

After much reading, I ended up using two tutorials, and elaborated a method that served to me without the loss of my 9.2's original backup. (Original A9LH):

1. Remove the SD of your device and Make a backup of your entire SD using Win32DiskManager program. Create an SD image and keep safe.
(If all goes wrong, just restore this image to your SD)
(For some unknown reason, the Emunandtool did not work because not detect my SD)

2- Download the last version of TinyFormat, and install in the Emunand Using FBI.

3- Make sure you has in files9 folder backup of Nand (9.2) made during the installation process after A9LH activated.
(The name of my file is NANDmin_sys.bin, referring to the FILE ORIGINAL 9.2 DONE BEFORE INSTALLING THE FIRM 2.1)

4 Go to an Internet Browser (out of 3ds), visit Miiverse Site and try to log in, if returns the error during login process, no problem. This will make an authentication of your NNID *
* (This part may be a coincidence, but worked for me)

5. Go back to his >> 3ds Tinyformat >> format your device and reconfigure it.
(3ds will Return to Emunand in version 9.2)

6- After Reset On, Turn off the device and Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding Start on boot
- Go to "SysNAND Backup / Restore ..."
- Select "Restore SysNAND (keep a9lh)"
- Confirm and restore from NANDmin.bin (The name of my file is NANDmin_sys.bin, referring to the FILE ORIGINAL 9.2 DONE BEFORE INSTALLING THE FIRM 2.1)

7- In the newly applied version, go to Settings >> Nintendo Network Identification >> and make sure your id is logged. If he gives notice asking to update the Firm, return to the main menu.

8- Try to log in Eshop. If ask to update the firm, go to Settings and make the upgrade.

9. Complete the installation procedure for the FBI via Banner Injection and try to enter the eShop.

If all goes well, your eshop will be functional and your data intact.
A bit late on that :P

Iamapirate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've fixed the eShop issue thing (i think) and it worked on the *new* Emunand 11.1, but now I cannot restore my old one.

I go into the emuNAND9 application and choose "clone EmuNAND.bin to emunand9" but it doesn't work. It hits 20% and just stops. I've even tried formatting it via emunand9 and it does the same thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo