Hacking 2 different versions on same 3ds

ThaManWithTheHat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
I have an old 3ds, on 9.2 that have the homebrew working and all the basics (not synand/emunand installed). But I wan't to play some games online but that's only possible if I update to 11.0. The thing is that I still wan't to be able to use the features of 9.2:s homebrew and also I got a gateway card that I'm not sure if it will work after the update?
What would you people here recommend me to do? is it possible to have 2 different versions on my 3ds? like with sysnand or something? Because I still wan't to be able to use my gatewaycard and also play online.

Thanks in Advance

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use a hax entrypoint and set up an emunand and update it to 11.0

Sysnand: 9.2 (hax, etc.)
Emunand: 11.0 (games, features, etc.)

Edit: misunderstood question,
Yeah just format emunand and use a hax emunand.

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
I have an old 3ds, on 9.2 that have the homebrew working and all the basics (not synand/emunand installed). But I wan't to play some games online but that's only possible if I update to 11.0. The thing is that I still wan't to be able to use the features of 9.2:s homebrew and also I got a gateway card that I'm not sure if it will work after the update?
What would you people here recommend me to do? is it possible to have 2 different versions on my 3ds? like with sysnand or something? Because I still wan't to be able to use my gatewaycard and also play online.

Thanks in Advance

I recommend you don't create an Emunand with Gateway, I recommend you install A9LH, as it gives you all the benefits of an Emunand without having to have an Emunand. Though you can also have an Emunand so all your things like gateway work as well on SysNand. It does take time, but it's worth it.

Benefits are:

1. 100% boot rate (No more yellow screen of death when trying to boot an Emunand)
2. Can be on a 11.0 Sysnand and still have all the benefits of CFW
3. Basically Noob Proof
4. Can unbrick a bricked Sysnand without hardmod (Provided you have a Nand Backup)
5. And much more

If you need help, PM me and I can help you with anything that confuses you in the guide below you to install A9LH

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Reactions: ThaManWithTheHat

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Hold L when you boot Gateway to enter the menu and pick "format emuNAND", just make sure you back up your 3DS' SD card first as it will delete everything.

From experience I would put the critical bits first as people tend to stop reading half sentence:

Backup SD Card contents to pc, then boot Gateway holding L trigger to enter gateway menu and pick "format emunand". Afterwards, recover the SD Card contents.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY