2.1 Save Glitches

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Prior22, Jun 3, 2011.

Jun 3, 2011

2.1 Save Glitches by Prior22 at 8:49 AM (650 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Prior22
    OP

Member Prior22 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've read some older threads about the 2.1 freezing when attempting to save (the thread is located here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=201192
    ). Was the cause of this freezing ever discovered (like the card being from a clone source)? Essentially I want to know if it is safe now to buy a 2.1 card for a DS lite without having to worry about defects.

By the way I'm looking to buy from realhotstuff.com. Anyone here have good experiences with them in the past?

2. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    I wouldn't bother with the 2.1, just get a 2i, it's not much more anyway.

3. Prior22
    OP

United States
    Would you consider the 2i to be a much more stable and defect free cart than the 2.1?

4. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Getting an Acekard2.1 isn't very useful now. Since the 2i is compatible with both the DSPhat/Lite and the DSi, and since the price difference is negiligible, there's no point in going to the old 2.1.

In a few days the DSLite (corrected) will drop to $99 in the USA. So it hardly seems useful to buy a 2.1 card at this point.

5. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Proof? Google'd for "price drop dsi $99" only come up with links dated 2011 mentioning DSlite models only.

6. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Ooops I typo-ed that [​IMG]

7. Prior22
    OP

United States
    I didn't know that the 2.1 was older than the 2i. In general have user experiences been more positive with the 2i in terms of a lack of glitches? I have no problem spending a few more dollars if this is the case.

8. Demonstryde

Member Demonstryde GBAtemp Fan

United States
    get the AK2i. i have used this since i had my ds lite through my dsi and now on my 3ds. relatively no bugs, unless there is a game that hasent been fixed most are though. i got all 3 of my AK2i at www.0shippingzone.com 3 different times for 3 different people. no probs on any of them yet.