Hacking 2.1 Save Glitches

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read some older threads about the 2.1 freezing when attempting to save (the thread is located here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=201192
). Was the cause of this freezing ever discovered (like the card being from a clone source)? Essentially I want to know if it is safe now to buy a 2.1 card for a DS lite without having to worry about defects.

By the way I'm looking to buy from realhotstuff.com. Anyone here have good experiences with them in the past?

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
I wouldn't bother with the 2.1, just get a 2i, it's not much more anyway.

Would you consider the 2i to be a much more stable and defect free cart than the 2.1?

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting an Acekard2.1 isn't very useful now. Since the 2i is compatible with both the DSPhat/Lite and the DSi, and since the price difference is negiligible, there's no point in going to the old 2.1.

In a few days the DSLite (corrected) will drop to $99 in the USA. So it hardly seems useful to buy a 2.1 card at this point.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
doyama said:
In a few days the DSi will drop to $99 in the USA. So it hardly seems useful to buy a 2.1 card at this point.

Proof? Google'd for "price drop dsi $99" only come up with links dated 2011 mentioning DSlite models only.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Masked Ranger said:
doyama said:
In a few days the DSi will drop to $99 in the USA. So it hardly seems useful to buy a 2.1 card at this point.

Proof? Google'd for "price drop dsi $99" only come up with links dated 2011 mentioning DSlite models only.

Ooops I typo-ed that
tongue.gif

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
Getting an Acekard2.1 isn't very useful now. Since the 2i is compatible with both the DSPhat/Lite and the DSi, and since the price difference is negiligible, there's no point in going to the old 2.1.

In a few days the DSLite (corrected) will drop to $99 in the USA. So it hardly seems useful to buy a 2.1 card at this point.

I didn't know that the 2.1 was older than the 2i. In general have user experiences been more positive with the 2i in terms of a lack of glitches? I have no problem spending a few more dollars if this is the case.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get the AK2i. i have used this since i had my ds lite through my dsi and now on my 3ds. relatively no bugs, unless there is a game that hasent been fixed most are though. i got all 3 of my AK2i at www.0shippingzone.com 3 different times for 3 different people. no probs on any of them yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.