Hacking 1st Wii Modchip

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seeing as the internet is one big echo chamber of heresay, I'm reserving cynacism on this untill we see something a little more concrete. But you gotta be impressed with the energy and speed in the community. I'm gonna keep buying the "Must-Have" wii games, but it'll be nice to have some options.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

nevixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Phaethon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nds-toolz.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I´ve talked to the spanish shop via MSN, and they will get them on 01.02.07. (February the first).

He says it works, but only with games with the same region as wii. He has no other technical information. So, not much information to say: Its real or its a fake...

I have to say, that ninjamod seems not to be a very ...umm... ahhh... serious company. So, i think we´ll better wait some time, maybe we get mor info from ninja themself.

koentje3

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
WOOT

first modchip out!! means it wont be long for other / better modchips to come out! nice
biggrin.gif

brpn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reading thru some of these posts had me laughing.. its like so many that act like they have never seen something like this.. first off.. that is a 12c508/9 PIC.. i used to program the fuck out of those for psx/psOne/ps2.. where have most of you been? dont you guys rem REI? its simple to dump a PIC.. it will be small hex.. the days before everyone got smart and started making their OWN pcb boards with chips on there so people couldnt just program their own.. anyone rem 44 wire neo4?? lol either way.. i just hope this its true.. i will have to go thru storage and find my old PIC programmer and load win98/dos machine to run the old software i got for it lol.. either way.. i hope its true.. good work
smile.gif

only thing i dont like about the video is wtf you gotta go handheld.. you dont have any friends??? it should be filmed stationary with tripod.. showing the wires and everything.. i hate when these videos first come out.. i knew it wasnt going to be long with all the wii dumps

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well the youtube vid is not solid evidence, but from what I can see its pretty believable. Be interesting to see if anyone picks one up and gets burned. Who here is ordering one?

MrDo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know why everyone is jumping on this chip so quickly. I am going to wait a little while before i jump for joy and order this chip.

It is exciting news.. But With consoles firmware being updated over the internet. I am sure nintendo can actually upgrade the firmware to make these chips unusable if they really wanted to. Weather or not they will is a different story.

elomaniak

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i dont know why everyone is jumping on this chip so quickly. I am going to wait a little while before i jump for joy and order this chip.

It is exciting news.. But With consoles firmware being updated over the internet. I am sure nintendo can actually upgrade the firmware to make these chips unusable if they really wanted to. Weather or not they will is a different story.

so the key might be not to update your wii

Kaphis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yea same deal here~ worried that the firmware updates will not only make it not work...it might totally destory your wii...(its not that hard is it O.o..I mean if we have access to how the chip is to be soldered, I am sure Nintendo would too, all they need to do is overload the chip is making it over heat...like the R4/M3 Simply microsd readers XD)

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I guess this means the Nintendo Wii will win this console generation. Mod chips add about 10 million consoles to the tally.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

What if Nintendo took the low route that Sony took and made it so certain games only work on certain firmwares?

elomaniak

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

What if Nintendo took the low route that Sony took and made it so certain games only work on certain firmwares?

what if someone dowsnt own a internet connection so this person cannot upgrade his wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: