1st Wii Modchip

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kuik, Jan 26, 2007.

1. directive0

directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2006
    Canada
    Toronto, Ont.
    Seeing as the internet is one big echo chamber of heresay, I'm reserving cynacism on this untill we see something a little more concrete. But you gotta be impressed with the energy and speed in the community. I'm gonna keep buying the "Must-Have" wii games, but it'll be nice to have some options.

2. Hooya

Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 25, 2006
    United States
    Central Illinois
    Someone on MaxConsole said that if you damage the BIOS battery the date resets to the day the unit was manufactured. Maybe something like that could be going on.

3. chillyp

chillyp Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2006
    Perth, WA
    This may shock you but it's possible to change the date on the Wii!

4. nevixa

nevixa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    I'm not stupid, but I don't see any reason why NOT setting the date.
    But I'm convinced with the News Chanel working and I know the whole BIOS battery part.

5. ninjyas

ninjyas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Oh man i sooooo hope this is real.
    I will get one directly on release then.

6. Phaethon

Phaethon Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2005
    Gambia, The
    I´ve talked to the spanish shop via MSN, and they will get them on 01.02.07. (February the first).

He says it works, but only with games with the same region as wii. He has no other technical information. So, not much information to say: Its real or its a fake...

I have to say, that ninjamod seems not to be a very ...umm... ahhh... serious company. So, i think we´ll better wait some time, maybe we get mor info from ninja themself.

7. koentje3

koentje3 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 26, 2002
    Netherlands
    Holland
    WOOT

first modchip out!! means it wont be long for other / better modchips to come out! nice [​IMG]

8. Mendes

Mendes Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2007
    United States
  9. brpn

brpn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2007
    United States
    reading thru some of these posts had me laughing.. its like so many that act like they have never seen something like this.. first off.. that is a 12c508/9 PIC.. i used to program the fuck out of those for psx/psOne/ps2.. where have most of you been? dont you guys rem REI? its simple to dump a PIC.. it will be small hex.. the days before everyone got smart and started making their OWN pcb boards with chips on there so people couldnt just program their own.. anyone rem 44 wire neo4?? lol either way.. i just hope this its true.. i will have to go thru storage and find my old PIC programmer and load win98/dos machine to run the old software i got for it lol.. either way.. i hope its true.. good work [​IMG]

only thing i dont like about the video is wtf you gotta go handheld.. you dont have any friends??? it should be filmed stationary with tripod.. showing the wires and everything.. i hate when these videos first come out.. i knew it wasnt going to be long with all the wii dumps

10. directive0

directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2006
    Canada
    Toronto, Ont.
    Well the youtube vid is not solid evidence, but from what I can see its pretty believable. Be interesting to see if anyone picks one up and gets burned. Who here is ordering one?

11. thegame07

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 16, 2006
    cool looks like imn going out to find a nintendo wii [​IMG] when i get the money that is:(

12. MrDo

MrDo Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2006
    United States
    i dont know why everyone is jumping on this chip so quickly. I am going to wait a little while before i jump for joy and order this chip.

It is exciting news.. But With consoles firmware being updated over the internet. I am sure nintendo can actually upgrade the firmware to make these chips unusable if they really wanted to. Weather or not they will is a different story.

13. elomaniak

elomaniak GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2007
    Poland

so the key might be not to update your wii

14. Kaphis

Kaphis GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2006
    Canada
    Richmond
    yea same deal here~ worried that the firmware updates will not only make it not work...it might totally destory your wii...(its not that hard is it O.o..I mean if we have access to how the chip is to be soldered, I am sure Nintendo would too, all they need to do is overload the chip is making it over heat...like the R4/M3 Simply microsd readers XD)

15. ridgecity

ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 6, 2002
    Mexico
    I guess this means the Nintendo Wii will win this console generation. Mod chips add about 10 million consoles to the tally.

16. Gaisuto

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    What if Nintendo took the low route that Sony took and made it so certain games only work on certain firmwares?

17. elomaniak

Jan 7, 2007
    Poland
    what if someone dowsnt own a internet connection so this person cannot upgrade his wii

18. KeitaroBaka

KeitaroBaka Advanced Member

Nov 28, 2005
    France
    The update can be added to the game's DVD like on PSP

19. elomaniak

Jan 7, 2007
    Poland
    doesnt the game update the wii itself when the game boots upi think this happened on xbox1 when i am not wrong
    lots of games hat an dashupdate.xbe data on DVD

hope this will happen on wii
    just update via Backups

20. slayerspud

slayerspud GBAtemp Fan

May 20, 2006
    Hopefully if you update your firmware it won't brick your console like microsoft did.