1805 - Final Fantasy 1 and 2 (U)

Mina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe.
The worst thing about n00bs is that they want everything RIGHT NOW! and they don't even bother to learn how to do it themselves for future downloads.
"Like OMGEESES what the hell is a search engine, and what the f**k do I put in it to get my rawmz?!111ONEONEONE"

nyanya.gif

Back on subject, this game rocks (and I've played the originals.) I'm not gonna get all ranty about how games are so much easier these days, since hell, the original IS pretty boring compared to most games put out these days. I'm glad S-E's making an attempt to make the classics available to a new generation.

By the way, which parties do you find work the best in FF1? I personally prefer Fighter/Fighter/Black Belt (Monk)/ Red Mage. It kicked arse in the original if you could stand making the gil to buy 3 silver swords in Elfland. Bastards took that out of elfland this time around..now I have to wait until the tunnel gets blown open and sail all the way to Crescent Town.
hate2.gif
(But the party still kicks serious butt.)

Heito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game rocks, the music is awesome and it doesnt take half an hour to get to level 3 anymore. Not to mention that they fill in more of the story with the revamped dialogue. Plus, is it just me, or are Thieves stronger now?

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great early release to test the game, I was sooo disapointed with Sword Of Mana it was the first time I wanted money back from Square. This does look good so far. Quick Question. I have the EZF Advance flash cart and it told me there was extra data then it offered to remove it for me and left me with no game when I did this. So I do not see an intro, anyone know WTF is going on? Is this thing prepatched already? Let me know people thanks

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For crying out loud it's FF3j not FF6j/FF3U that's coming for the DS. No one uses the American numbering system anymore because of the kind of confusion that arises.

I can't believe people still don't get it.

Not a big deal though.

I'm glad that FF3 is coming though, because I love that game, even though it was never released here. Very fun. Too bad I probably won't get a DS. Why didn't they just put the game on the GBA? From the screens I see, it isn't in 3D or anything, plus I doubt the touch screen usage will be THAT impressive. Very sad.
frown.gif

This game is fun! However, I wouldn't buy it because that would mean I'm giving money to a company that only makes bad games, except for ports. Why would I do that?

There needs to be WAY more of the ENIX part of Squarenix to come out into the gaming world, because Square's games are just not so good anymore, now that they've switched their direction.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dude The touch screen is the best thing for rpgs, F@#K 3D and F@&K N64 ports, the best thing about the touch screen is user input for telling your characters what to do, inputing names, ect so much quicker and cooler. Anyway I agree new square sucks however but let's port all things old cause most rocked and then square will see where the markets intrest is an maybe they will get back on track and realize turn based games rule, card based games suck (WHY WHY Kingdom Hearts!
frown.gif
)Anyway still looking for help on my previous questions.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the EZF Advance flash cart and it told me there was extra data then it offered to remove it for me and left me with no game when I did this. So I do not see an intro, anyone know WTF is going on? Is this thing prepatched already? Let me know people thanks
It's a bug in the EZFA client that has mistakingly taken part of the game for an intro. Mine does the same thing. Just choose not to remove it and you're fine.

Plus, is it just me, or are Thieves stronger now?
Yes, thieves were stronger, obviously so they would actually be useful whereas in the original they served no real purpose.

Bastards took that out of elfland this time around..now
It's probably for the best. Acquiring the 4000 gold necessary to buy one of those swords (and an additional 4000 for each consecutive fighter or red mage) was the most gruelling part of the game. And unfortunately, with how difficult the marsh cave was it was necessary to do so or face being slaughtered by the time you ever reached the chest.

Anyway, with how easy the game has become in the ports the silver sword isn't even necessary. I played all the way through FF1 on the japanese release and never lost a party member. Even spells like RUB and QAKE never succeeded.

QUOTE(WeaponX @ ov 28 2004, 03:53 AM)
Dude The touch screen is the best thing for rpgs, F@#K 3D and F@&K N64 ports, the best thing about the touch screen is user input for telling your characters what to do, inputing names, ect so much quicker and cooler.
How would you possibly know that? There aren't any RPGs available on the DS yet.

And some of us like 3d games and are looking forward to certain N64 ports. Nobody is putting a gun to your head to buy them.

Overwhelming

Trophies
XP
Country
Arrggghhh... 2-3 steps>Combat, 2-3 steps>Combat, 2-3 steps>Combat, 2-3 steps>Combat, 2-3 steps>Combat, 2-3 steps>Combat.

The combat rate is too high! And boring.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(