1755 - Metal Slug Advance (U)

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I like it! You don't restart the whole level when you die YAY! /me sucked at the old Metal Slugs (Beat 3 on Xbox thou )
nyanya.gif

shadow theory

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I recommend playing in hard for anyone that is a vet of the other ones, as now you have a lifebar, which in essence is like having five or six lives that only count as one. (Since one shot kills are the name of the game usually.)

TonyCool

Trophies
Website
www.ndsspain.com
XP
Country
I don't understand all the complaining people. You've been waiting for this release for months, ans now it's out, you say "it's disappointing" or "it's a bad remake" or so...

That kind of things happens when you have a lot of expectatives on an unreleased game. What were you expecting? a 1-to-1 copy form the arcade original to the GBA? Don't be a fool, arcade, hanheld, and home consoles are quite different...
Buy a 2GHz PDA/laptop, install MAME on it and play... that way you'll get a "better" gaming experience...
mad.gif

BTW, the game is good enough to play it... I like it... is not as good as the arcade versions, but, remember, is a hanheld game.
smile.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm really glad to see this around, although it's one month pre-store so I can't actually buy it yet. Must..not..play..the..rom..

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wheres teh zelda?`???=?ßßß

well, I expected Zelda..BUT THIS IS EVEN BETTER XD

I've been waiting for this to come out since June 2003

I hope it doesn't disappoint me, the videos look very crappy compared to the neogeo originals

I like it! You don't restart the whole level when you die YAY! /me sucked at the old Metal Slugs (Beat 3 on Xbox thou )
nyanya.gif
if you've beaten MS3 on XBox, you can't suck at Metal Slug
tongue.gif

MS3 is the hardest one (except of MS5, but that one sucks and is unfair), and the XBox version is even harder since you have to start over the mission when going game over

Tomax&Xamot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This game is a great GBA side scroller shooter, I am not sure what you people were expecting. Obviously the NEOGEO versions are better, of course they are. But for the handheld this game is great, much better then contra that was released. Now all we need is a good GBA version of Gunstar heroes.

What I like most about this game is, it definately keeps the feel of arcade Slugs, I too wish SNK/Playmore used more space and added more, but maybe they will make a sequal. I think overall this is a great game, that doesn't feel like some old Amiga platformer or something.

Compare it to that other Metal slug rip off on GBA, I forget the name of it, this is so far ahead of other side scrolling shooters on GBA, and I don't think they even gave it their best shot, hope the game does well and they make another!

wuggle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't played a GBA game for a while... but couldn't resist this one... beautiful remake, excellent game to have on your card... who would have thought you'd ever be able to play this on a handheld console a few years ago!

leoboiko

Trophies
Website
namakajiri.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Since when is a game bad when it doesn't have any blood? You guys call yourself gamers. I call you idiots.
I generally agree with your feeling. Being a fan of cute, kawaii games, I hate kids who think they are cool because they only play "mature" games with blood and tits (which I call "immature" games).

However, Metal Slug is an exception. Blood is truly necessary to the violent humour of this series. Like Samurai Spirits, the fun just isn't the same without the blood.

Btw, it is good to be back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    AncientBoi
    "AncientBoi - the it :ohnoes:"
  • light27 @ light27:
    -light27 profile comments, 2023
  • light27 @ light27:
    when we were talking about psps
  • light27 @ light27:
    and i was really REALLY bad at coding
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Went to your page to remember. yea, I'm still here
  • light27 @ light27:
    if i had more energy (i just woke up) there would be about 50 more reallys
    +2
  • light27 @ light27:
    nice
  • light27 @ light27:
    say, do you happen to have a modded wii u or 3ds
    nope. Just me and my PSP 3001
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, I own a dsi and a ps3
    +2
    I think I own a shoe. It's here.... Somewhere
  • light27 @ light27:
    LOL
    +1
  • light27 @ light27:
    hmm yes
  • light27 @ light27:
    wait
  • light27 @ light27:
    what if shoes are games and the cartridges are your feet
    +1
    👞 Found it :hrth::toot::grog::D:grog::toot::hrth:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    it was in your ass wasn't it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also i don't have a wii u or a 3ds, but i do have a wii and a dsi, both modded
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    brb
    It was in yours actually :D:tpi::rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    pulled it out of my ass like a tapeworm
    (yes that's a song reference)
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or im still here
    +1