1755 - Metal Slug Advance (U)

Mina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never did get to try out the Metal Slug games.

Good game, even though I generally suck at side-scroller shooters.
laugh.gif

Now if only we could get stuff like Magical Drop, Twinkle Star Sprites, and Gunstar Heroes ported/remade (and yes, I know the latter would be against Treasure's policy.
mad.gif
)

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
OK, just tried the game out. Here are my gripes.

Bullets are too small. In the arcade you know when you're about to be hit, but with this you can be hit with a little 4 pixel blue ball without knowing it.

People come back after you kill them. So damn annoying, I kill a whole bunch of soldiers, go forward again, realised I've just missed a weapon, go back, and there they all are wating for me again... not Metal Slug style at all.

The weapons disappear too fast. You have about a 2 second window of opportunity to pick up a weapon otherwise you're out of luck. This combined with the serious lack of weapons in the game severely annoys me.

This one isn't major but the animations are slightly choppy - perhaps they had to make it that way to fix their slowdown problems?

The autofire makes the game way too easy, they should not have included this feature at all. Even pressing a button the fastest you can won't get it to fire as fast as with autofire on. I played the game twice through - once without autofire, and once with, and I can tell you that with autofire it was a piece of cake.

My last annoyance is that overall it just feels like one of those 'normal' platform games. The people respawning after you kill them, the 'life' system (although I guess they had not much choice when porting it to handheld), and the jump around bits, where if you fell down you had to go back and around again (and face all the enemies you've already killed). IMO it would be better if you just died when falling down, although this wouldn't work well with the life system.

Despite all these flaws I do actually believe it is a great handheld game and I do actually enjoy it (hard to believe I know).

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
any1 know if there r any unlockables in this game??
i beat it once and i m at the final boss with different character, anyway i did not get anything i.e. new character, new mission, new weapons, infinnite ammos etc..

unlockables???

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, the levels are greatly made, the graphics are cool, the sounds are good as well... but it took less than 2 hours to beat, too few levels,,, so it was pretty sucky.. pity

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
well, the levels are greatly made, the graphics are cool, the sounds are good as well... but it took less than 2 hours to beat, too few levels,,, so it was pretty sucky.. pity
i totally agree. if only they would have gone for 123MB cart they might have been able to add few more characters with more animation and more missions.

Inu268

woof
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hummm at the second mission,in the second part,there is a card called metal slug that i get sometimes...wheni kill a guy and get hit by his bomb....can someone explain to me exactly how i can get that card?cause i try it sometimes and nothing happens...

Dark_Lord Malik

Proud Pakistani
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Ok this game is great. But i don`t like the Explosion Effects Plus the Fram Rate drops a lot and there is no blood i don`t want blood but when the Soldiers die they don`t look good without blood. But even with these Flaws it is a good game on a handheld. Maybe we will be able to get a Perfect Aracde Port of Metal Slug on PSP or DS.
wink.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
This one isn't major but the animations are slightly choppy - perhaps they had to make it that way to fix their slowdown problems?
nope...there was a video of the game when it still had the slowdown problems, and the animation was the same

I think they did it so the game fits on a 64mbit cartridge (which is cheaper)

I'm also wondering if collecting power-up cards has any effect...there is a card that says it adds stealth capability to the Slug, but it doesn't...maybe a bug?

well anyway, there's much room for improvement, I hope they'll release another portable Metal Slug on GBA or one of the next-gen handhelds...I don't think they'd make one for the PSP, because they would have to redraw all the sprites in a higher resolution...

Inu268

woof
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
down+L activats the stealth mode...never tried it myself though....man i hate that i cant change weapons,and i think there should be a button to hold that can aim without moving cause that realy kills me....

Blue_GoD

Infected Mushroom
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game is a bit small, not too small, it's ok really... i played it for like 1 hour and a half and i'm on the last boss... i can't beat him though... i'll keep trying
tongue.gif
but this is one of those games that you beat and then play again from the start. Thats why i'm cool with it
wink.gif

i hope that metal slug games will be released for the DS and more for GBA if possible
smile.gif

Chronickilla

Trophies
Website
www.goodylands.com
XP
Country
United States
To collect cards and prisoners you have to go through the levels without dying I figured that out when I would rescue prisoners and get cards but when I finally beat the mission I would only have the Mission complete cards. I also got a card for not killing a single person.

Blue_GoD

Infected Mushroom
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To collect cards and prisoners you have to go through the levels without dying I figured that out when I would rescue prisoners and get cards but when I finally beat the mission I would only have the Mission complete cards. I also got a card for not killing a single person.
Thats right, juz like the arcades, u must not die @ the life you captured X prisioners, otherwise you'll loose em... i haven't collect one single prisioner :hmm: never captured one in the arcades too
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche