1748 - Classic NES Series: Metroid (U)

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wow, finally I can play the original without being able to use savestates, without being able to choose the scaling options and like 20 times bigger than the original NES rom

yay, who still needs PocketNES now?

I don't plan to play the original anyway, since it's pretty much unplayable compared to the remake...even though there's a little retro-gamer inside me, I just wouldn't want to play it, since I can play the better one

now that they remaked that one, how about remaking Metroid II? I think it's the one the least people have played, but like Metroid 1, I don't want to play it (the screen is just to small, which is fatal in an adventure game where you have to look out for single tiles which you can blow up)

A 3D remake on DS would totally rock (now don't say "but that would be a complete new game!!!1"...just look at Zero Mission. )

Selvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm gonna be awfully disappointed if I don't see one of the Startropics games released in the Classic NES Series.

*Anubis*

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, finally I can play the original without being able to use savestates, without being able to choose the scaling options and like 20 times bigger than the original NES rom

yay, who still needs PocketNES now?

I don't plan to play the original anyway, since it's pretty much unplayable compared to the remake...even though there's a little retro-gamer inside me, I just wouldn't want to play it, since I can play the better one

now that they remaked that one, how about remaking Metroid II? I think it's the one the least people have played, but like Metroid 1, I don't want to play it (the screen is just to small, which is fatal in an adventure game where you have to look out for single tiles which you can blow up)

A 3D remake on DS would totally rock (now don't say "but that would be a complete new game!!!1"...just look at Zero Mission. )
laugh.gif

They should use pocketnes to make remakes.
biggrin.gif

Selvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a shame Super Mario Bros. 2 J/Lost Levels hasnt any news of a US release, that would be a great idea and I bet would sell quite well indeed. I would definately buy it even though I already have 2 flash carts.

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah but these Classic NES Series releases are great because the scaling doesn't look like ass, because Nintendo fixed the fonts and sprites so it looks better. As opposed to PocketNES. For some games pocketnes's Unscaled works, but for others, you need to see the whole screen. Try the Classic Nes release of Zelda 1 compared to Pocketnes running the same game in Scaled mode. You'll notice how the former is better in every respect.

Plus the sound/music, is way nicer. I hope these releases are cracked. Especially the Adventure of Link.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think that the general consensus is that this set of Classic NES games is full of pretty poor choices. I mean we got Pac-Man and Xevious of all games the first time around. We should have had eight games this series too -> and then maybe we'd have seen some better titles crop up.
frown.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's a shame Super Mario Bros. 2 J/Lost Levels hasnt any news of a US release, that would be a great idea and I bet would sell quite well indeed. I would definately buy it even though I already have 2 flash carts.
true

but there never was any Super Mario Bros. 2 (J) on NES outside of Japan, and they made the Classic NES series so people are able to play the games again they played almost 20 years ago...

buuuut...there still is Super Mario Bros. DX, which includes Super Mario Bros. 1 and "Super Mario Bros. for Super Players", which is SMB2J (using the SMB1 tiles, though)...if you want to play it that badly, get SMBDX, it rocks

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't forget that there's also Super Mario All-Stars.

Still though, It was the most interesting release for the Famicom Mini Series Three and I still feel that a US release for the GBA would be a huge hit! Too many ppl miss out on this little gem.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget that there's also Super Mario All-Stars.

Still though, It was the most interesting release for the Famicom Mini Series Three and I still feel that a US release for the GBA would be a huge hit! Too many ppl miss out on this little gem.
All-Stars rocked. One of my favorite SNES games.
Though if Nintendo weren't a bunch of greedy fools, they'd make Allstars for GBA.
Instead, they released all the games seperately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.