yugi999

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YEA IT OUT

*look at Please Note: This ROM is currently unplayable due to the tilt sensor in the original game.*

DAMN IT TO HELL
hate2.gif

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, it's finally out. It came a little sooner than I expected, but that's good, I suppose.
smile.gif

I may just even import this. You don't really need to know japanese, and I'm sure it's great fun tilting your SP around! :gbasp:

--ShadowXP.

Electro

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't get you guys.. why would you want to play this emulated? it would be far too easy, probably not alot of fun, and would also defeat the whole purpose of the game.. actually moving the GBA to play. innovative games like this deserve to be bought.

Lik-sang just shipped my copy today, I'll post impressions when I get it..
gba.gif

speechless

Friend Of GBATemp
Trophies
Website
nongoodgba.kiczek.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think L and R are used in the games, but the tilt sensor does more than just sense left/right movement, you know...
huh.gif
how bout hold L + R and while holding those down, use D-pad to tilt...
you got yer right, left, up, down, diagonal....

unless L + R engages sleep mode er sumthing like some games do...

edit: to fit in with the post below, what if say, im not emulating it, but flashing it to play on hardware...same issues i agree, but your use of emulation isnt accurate, im flashing the rom to cart, and playing on hardware and want to play..

2nd edit: unless you mean emulation of the tilty-sensor-thingy-dealy-bob in and of itself, in which case, your term emulation would be correct...pardon my fopah..i tend to wake-n-bake..9am here

Electro

Trophies
XP
Country
This most likely won't work on an emulator.. you can move/rotate the GBA in all directions, not just left/right or up/down.. not mention it'll have to detect varying speeds of rotation as well.

asher

^ Liar
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
QUOTE said:
Yeah, there's a whole series of them actually, on the outside the whole idea seems incredibry preposterous, but once you get the hang of it it's actually quite enjoyable. I seriously recommend looking up the old GBC version of the game that doesn't require the old tilt function. You'll be addicted to shaving simulations for life!

old gbc??

are talking of gba´s 2003 game of the year.... Wario Ware inc?

what about playing it in xboyadvance...and having the right thumbstick for the sensor...like in that kirby game.... (xboyadvance=visualboy in xbox)

gacktgacktgackt

Trophies
Website
thedeskandchair.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Or, right... (and I'm completely stunned that the people who have posted here don't seem to have thought about this)

HOW ABOUT THIS!

It's a tilt cartridge right... so you tilt and something moves in the direction you tilt. Then, right, and this is just a shot in the dark... why not map the directions the objects (or whatever it is you are tilting) move in..

TO THE FRIGGIN D-PAD

speechless

Friend Of GBATemp
Trophies
Website
nongoodgba.kiczek.com
XP
Country
United States
Or, right... (and I'm completely stunned that the people who have posted here don't seem to have thought about this)

HOW ABOUT THIS!

It's a tilt cartridge right... so you tilt and something moves in the direction you tilt. Then, right, and this is just a shot in the dark... why not map the directions the objects (or whatever it is you are tilting) move in..

TO THE FRIGGIN D-PAD
how about you read what i posted up above, cuz im completely stunned that the people who have posted here dont seem to have read this whole thread
tongue.gif

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Yeah, there's a whole series of them actually, on the outside the whole idea seems incredibry preposterous, but once you get the hang of it it's actually quite enjoyable. I seriously recommend looking up the old GBC version of the game that doesn't require the old tilt function. You'll be addicted to shaving simulations for life!

old gbc??

are talking of gba´s 2003 game of the year.... Wario Ware inc?

what about playing it in xboyadvance...and having the right thumbstick for the sensor...like in that kirby game.... (xboyadvance=visualboy in xbox)
~slaps forehead~
Read the posts and the quoted posts. You'll learn that I was pulling the guys leg who actually thought this was a shaving simulation game. So I took it one step further.. I figured it would be obvious.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
@MonkeyHead79:
That was made with Kirby's Tilt & Tumble in mind. And I'm sure the sensor in this game uses different technology, protocols, etc.

@Electro:
Those are funny.

@People complaining about not being able to play yet:
Be patient and wait for someone to hack it or buy it when it's out in your region. Otherwise, hack it yourself.

@Anyone:
Personally, I'd like to see added functionality for it in VBA so that you use the mouse to control the tilt. It makes more sense to me to use analog control to emulate it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VBA does emulate the motion sensor thing, I've played Kirby Tilt'n'Tumble on it all the time, and some other GBC games that uses the same tech but VBA dosnt seem to do the motion jobby on this, maybe it won't emulate GBA sensors.

Won't be much fun on a emulator anyway but I would've been nice to play it early.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users