1558 - GBA Video: Codename Kids Next Door Vol.1(U)

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
top_left1.gif
top_left.gif
1558 - GBA Video: Codename Kids Next Door Vol. 1
top_right_new.gif
screens.gif
1558_1.PNG
1558_2.PNG
[/p]
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
info.gif
Release Group:Rising SunSave Type:NoneROM Size:256MbitFilename:rs-kndv1.zipRegion:USAPublisher:Majesco SalesLanguage(s):EnglishROM Serial:AGB-MKDE-USA
horiz_trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif

Try2bcool

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't kids get enough of this crap at home that the've got to have it with them everywhere they go? Jeesh, buy a portable VCR and tape it for them.
cool.gif

M

mechanori

Jeez, why so much hostility? If anything, this video stuff is bringing business to the GBA, not deterring it. Are video releases that annoying? Every time one pops up, everyone starts ranting about how stupid the show is, or how poor the quality is. What's the point? Must there be a response to every release? Go post something more constructive in another section of the forums rather than wasting time posting junk here.

And anyone who posts just to see if they are the first poster is an idiot. Stop wasting your type refreshing the homepage.

Z_Hunter

APF
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great, another GBA Video release.

Only thing left are: Jimmy Neutron Vol. 1, Nicktoons Vol. 1, Sonic X Vol. 2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vol. 1, Yu-Gi-Oh Vol. 1, and Dragon Ball GT Vol.1

Hopefully there will be no more!

bluemax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any word on how these are actually selling? There always seems to be plenty in stock when I'm at the store.

Lynx The Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have nothing against the GBA Videos in fact I really like the idea BUT I HATE THIS SHOW! I can't believe someone would spend money on this, Kids Next Door is one of the worst and stupidest cartoons ever. It tries so hard to be funny but it fails big time, it's annoying, unimporessive and boring for the most part. Some episodes are ok but the majority is aweful.

The reason I hate this show so much is because it has a huge potential and it could have been a really cool show, I even like the artwork and the gneral idea behind it is cool but the end product simply sucks.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I simply don't understand the concept, except that it's hardcore marketing. "When we can't feed the kids games for this system anymore then we just stuff some movies of their favorite cartoon series down their throat!"
I would accept this hybrid if the video's cost no more than about 1 or 2 bucks. But the GBA generation wants to get mindraped and just swallows this crap and pays a lot for it.
There was a time (in some cases this time still exist) that a great creative team made a super game with blood sweat and tears. Now they just put some asshole behind a videoplayer and tell him to just rip it to GBA format and that's it. So the cartoon makers are game makers and game makers only push buttons....does not make sense. The positive point however is that it's only hype and it probably will go away again. Pfffew

Lynx The Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not like that man, they want the GBA to be more than just another video game handheld, this is a VERY cool idea and some of the cartoons they release are great.

The problem however is the price, it's insanely high if they were selling these for $5 and released them more often it would have been much better, hell maybe even $10 but $20 is an insanely high price.

weaaddar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most of the cost these things get is from nintendo.

Your average gba game is 64megabits (over 1/3 of all GBA games are this size). We can say that the cost to manufacture the cart is X. The cost to manufacture these carts with there 256megabits is 4x!
Plus they have to get liscenses. I doubt these carts are any less then 10 or 12$ when sold to retailers with the MRPP of 20$. For reference your average gba 30$ game is sold to retailers at about 5.50$ a cart.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt these carts are any less then 10 or 12$ when sold to retailers with the MRPP of 20$. For reference your average gba 30$ game is sold to retailers at about 5.50$ a cart.
Are you crazy??

Anyone in video game retail/reselling can tell you that the stores are getting the games for $2, $3 cheaper than you're paying from them. The only way to get a bigger discount is to order MASSIVE quantities of a title, like the big chains (EB, Future Shop, Best Buy..) can do. Even then, it's only about $7, $8 a game. (I'm speaking in Canuck funds here.) If the average GBA game was selling to retailers at $5.50, us retailers would be in heaven!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1