1558 - GBA Video: Codename Kids Next Door Vol.1(U)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Jun 30, 2004.

1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    [​IMG][​IMG]1558 - GBA Video: Codename Kids Next Door Vol. 1 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][/p][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Release Group:Rising SunSave Type:NoneROM Size:256MbitFilename:rs-kndv1.zipRegion:USAPublisher:Majesco SalesLanguage(s):EnglishROM Serial:AGB-MKDE-USA[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    First post for once? well, whats this then??
    I dont recall seeing this at tv...

3. subanark

Member subanark GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Maybe they should start calling the GameBoyAdvance VideoBoyAdvance by the way things are going

4. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    Looks like nice warm shit with delicious mushrooms! Yummy! Can we immediately through this over our pathetic shoulders?

5. Try2bcool

Member Try2bcool GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Don't kids get enough of this crap at home that the've got to have it with them everywhere they go? Jeesh, buy a portable VCR and tape it for them. [​IMG]

6. MZx

Member MZx Advanced Member

Malta
    It's.. about 5 kids called, very originally, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, who are kind of kiddie agents who save the neighbourhood from evil.

Like grown-ups. Yay. Boring.

7. mechanori

mechanori Newbie

Jeez, why so much hostility? If anything, this video stuff is bringing business to the GBA, not deterring it. Are video releases that annoying? Every time one pops up, everyone starts ranting about how stupid the show is, or how poor the quality is. What's the point? Must there be a response to every release? Go post something more constructive in another section of the forums rather than wasting time posting junk here.

And anyone who posts just to see if they are the first poster is an idiot. Stop wasting your type refreshing the homepage.

8. Z_Hunter

Member Z_Hunter APF

United States
    Great, another GBA Video release.

Only thing left are: Jimmy Neutron Vol. 1, Nicktoons Vol. 1, Sonic X Vol. 2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vol. 1, Yu-Gi-Oh Vol. 1, and Dragon Ball GT Vol.1

Hopefully there will be no more!

9. bluemax

Member bluemax GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Any word on how these are actually selling? There always seems to be plenty in stock when I'm at the store.

10. cruddybuddy

Banned cruddybuddy Group: Banned!

United States
    Is this a cross between "The Kids In the Hall" and "The Guys Next Door?"

11. Z_Hunter

Member Z_Hunter APF

United States
    No, this is a cartoon for kids, hence the name.

12. Lynx The Dark

Member Lynx The Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have nothing against the GBA Videos in fact I really like the idea BUT I HATE THIS SHOW! I can't believe someone would spend money on this, Kids Next Door is one of the worst and stupidest cartoons ever. It tries so hard to be funny but it fails big time, it's annoying, unimporessive and boring for the most part. Some episodes are ok but the majority is aweful.

The reason I hate this show so much is because it has a huge potential and it could have been a really cool show, I even like the artwork and the gneral idea behind it is cool but the end product simply sucks.

13. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    I simply don't understand the concept, except that it's hardcore marketing. "When we can't feed the kids games for this system anymore then we just stuff some movies of their favorite cartoon series down their throat!"
    I would accept this hybrid if the video's cost no more than about 1 or 2 bucks. But the GBA generation wants to get mindraped and just swallows this crap and pays a lot for it.
    There was a time (in some cases this time still exist) that a great creative team made a super game with blood sweat and tears. Now they just put some asshole behind a videoplayer and tell him to just rip it to GBA format and that's it. So the cartoon makers are game makers and game makers only push buttons....does not make sense. The positive point however is that it's only hype and it probably will go away again. Pfffew

14. Lynx The Dark

Member Lynx The Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's not like that man, they want the GBA to be more than just another video game handheld, this is a VERY cool idea and some of the cartoons they release are great.

The problem however is the price, it's insanely high if they were selling these for $5 and released them more often it would have been much better, hell maybe even $10 but $20 is an insanely high price.

15. weaaddar

Member weaaddar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    most of the cost these things get is from nintendo.

Your average gba game is 64megabits (over 1/3 of all GBA games are this size). We can say that the cost to manufacture the cart is X. The cost to manufacture these carts with there 256megabits is 4x!
    Plus they have to get liscenses. I doubt these carts are any less then 10 or 12$ when sold to retailers with the MRPP of 20$. For reference your average gba 30$ game is sold to retailers at about 5.50$ a cart.

16. Emudude

Member Emudude Advanced Member

United States
    Can't wait till they start putting movies on here. It would be great if they put Invader Zim on these too.

17. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    Are you crazy??

Anyone in video game retail/reselling can tell you that the stores are getting the games for $2, $3 cheaper than you're paying from them. The only way to get a bigger discount is to order MASSIVE quantities of a title, like the big chains (EB, Future Shop, Best Buy..) can do. Even then, it's only about $7, $8 a game. (I'm speaking in Canuck funds here.) If the average GBA game was selling to retailers at $5.50, us retailers would be in heaven!

18. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    Now you know why I haven't watched cartoon network in ages...

19. Darksage

Member Darksage GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    im starting to think this is getting annoying why dont they make movies?it would be cool

20. Inu268

Member Inu268 woof

Brazil
    ok lets think....256 mb for thirty minutes....they would need 4 carts for a DECENT quality movie