1514 - Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros (U)

ent

for breakfast
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if that is an actual screenshot from the game i have to admit that is the shittiest job of porting/emulating i've ever seen. if you are selling it put some effort in to the graphics.

Skelv_tnt

Trophies
Website
www.google.es
XP
Country
if that is an actual screenshot from the game i have to admit that is the shittiest job of porting/emulating i've ever seen. if you are selling it put some effort in to the graphics.
I personally don't agree with ya: if it's a port, it's a port, with the original graphics. The main problem is the price: they want us to pay 30€ for that....
dry.gif

Actually, I love playing this game on mi old nes, but I think 30€ for the same game is a rip off
wink.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well the thing is that it isn't a port...if it was a port then Nintendo have might as well changed some things in the process (eg. as with River City Ransom EX or the port/update of Mario Bros game supplied with every Mario game released on the GBA). The fact is that these Famicom games are emulated so Nintendo can't really change anything.

I'm sure I've said this before but Nintendo have done a really bad job at emulating these games...some games like Zelda play pretty well however the scaling makes stuff like Super Mario Bros almost unplayble now. If Nintendo had added a full screen mode and single pack linkup with their multiplayer games, I would have taken a bit more of a liking to them. As it is I prefer using Pogoshell not because the games are smaller to fit onto my GBA but pogoshell does a much better job of emulating them.

$20 for this crap? For half of that you could pick up a NES and Super Mario Bros...okay it isn't portable but at least it plays like it should and it's dam good value for money.
Still lets not go into the Mario Bros Famicom Mini release, heh.

smile.gif

Microtic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, for less than $20 you could get the Gameboy Color remake of the game that looks more visually pleasing. (At least... I think it was updated a bit...)
biggrin.gif
It was called Super Mario Brothers Deluxe for anyone who wants to go buy it somewhere.
cool.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used to have SMB DX for gbc, but it got stolen.

The good thing about it was the fact you could unlock The Lost Levels!

Lord Patamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well and if you want a better version in graphics what better version than the one in Super Mario All Stars for Super Nes? now that was a real improvement of the original game
biggrin.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mario Bros is a single screen platform game originally released in 1983 in the arcades. It was the first Mario game to feature Luigi.

ss_mb-arcade_skill.gif

Super Mario Bros is a very sucessful a multi level platformer first released on the NES in 1985.

ss_smb_t.gif

Mario Bros recieved a NES port (along with other home versions) and Super Mario Bros appeared in the arcades in the form of Nintendos PlayChoice-10 NES arcade system.

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-