Hacking 12PM clock instead of 24

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if anyone asked yet but is there a way to get this possible maybe with CFW or something? All my other devices tell time this way, and some have a option to switch but 3DS doesn't have any option and i really don't use this time setting. So is hard for me to know what time it is this way.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if anyone asked yet but is there a way to get this possible maybe with CFW or something? All my other devices tell time this way, and some have a option to switch but 3DS doesn't have any option and i really don't use this time setting. So is hard for me to know what time it is this way.
if you are bad at math subtract 10 first then subtract 2 :)

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't about being bad at math, is about my preference to have all my stuff use the same time format that is most common where i live. So i will ignore all jokes based on My ability to do math which i know i can do cause i graduated from highschool knowing that.:mellow:

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Couldn't an NTR plug-in be written for this? I really don't see anyone bothering with this otherwise.

Reactions: NoNAND

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Couldn't an NTR plug-in be written for this? I really don't see anyone bothering with this otherwise.
NTR could only alter the back-end fuction, not front end.
The time display function is on the home menu itself.
Unless someone find the way to modifiy it or create a new home menu with am/pm, no, the clock format can't be change.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
NTR could only alter the back-end fuction, not front end.
The time display function is on the home menu itself.
Unless someone find the way to modifiy it or create a new home menu with am/pm, no, the clock format can't be change.
Doesn't NTR run with arm11 kernel permissions? I don't see how editing some system title's time variable would be an obstacle.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I dunno if anyone asked yet but is there a way to get this possible maybe with CFW or something? All my other devices tell time this way
Perhaps you could switch your other devices to use 24-hour time.

Somewhat on-topic: do American consoles use the American Month/Day date format?

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Perhaps you could switch your other devices to use 24-hour time.

Somewhat on-topic: do American consoles use the American Month/Day date format?
My US 3DS is like this, not sure what is the correct format of American.
56e9d071ba.jpg

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My US 3DS is like this, not sure what is the correct format of American.
56e9d071ba.jpg
That how all 3DS look like, but instead of having up to 24 hours it has up to 12 and use am/pm for day and night transition. That how all the clocks i had growing up, at least the digital ones. Like android, smartphones, PC, watches, and game consoles.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
That how all 3DS look like, but instead of having up to 24 hours it has up to 12 and use am/pm for day and night transition. That how all the clocks i had growing up, at least the digital ones. Like android, smartphones, PC, watches, and game consoles.
Since I'm always wearing an arm watch. So I don't care much about time format. :D

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Our time format (or least mine is)

Sunday January 1, 2017. 12:00PM

Usually 1/1/17
Day, Month, date, year (last 2 digits only)
Mine is also like that. The date format is one of the things you can change by modifying the home menu strings, you just need to edit the hud strings and reorder the month, day, and day name variables, in theory at least; I have looked at the file but not actually changed it.

I've been meaning to make a few more changes to my home menu so I'll try out changing it to Canadian DD/MM format.

Also, it's possible to change the positions of things on the home menu, however the person who found the offsets refused to disclose them.

Modifying the home menu is generally safe if you only change strings, modifying colours poses a brick risk if you get the offset wrong and don't notice. Of course with A9LH you can just restore a SysNAND backup if you screw up.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Mine is also like that. The date format is one of the things you can change by modifying the home menu strings, you just need to edit the hud strings and reorder the month, day, and day name variables, in theory at least; I have looked at the file but not actually changed it.

I've been meaning to make a few more changes to my home menu so I'll try out changing it to Canadian DD/MM format.

Also, it's possible to change the positions of things on the home menu, however the person who found the offsets refused to disclose them.

Modifying the home menu is generally safe if you only change strings, modifying colours poses a brick risk if you get the offset wrong and don't notice. Of course with A9LH you can just restore a SysNAND backup if you screw up.
Sorry for digging the thread, but, I think we can't edit just a string to change time format from HH:mm to hh:mm tt.
This one need a more depth editing.

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for digging the thread, but, I think we can't edit just a string to change time format from HH:mm to hh:mm tt.
This one need a more depth editing.
I think you are completely mistaking date format and time format. You can definitely reorder the date from MM/DD (Day) to DD/MM (Day), or even remove the name of the day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/