MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
To use my gateway on B9S I did this:

Set my sysNAND to 9.2, get an SD card with luma on it, put a 11.6 redNAND on it
Get another SD card, get the 2.46.firm kernel file, boot into an unhacked environment, and use browserhax to access the gateway menu. Make an emuNAND, boot into it, and update it to 11.2 using sysUpdater
Unlink sysNAND by running tinyFormat in sysNAND
Then, use the GW SD card, go into browserhax, go into homebrew launcher, open up menuhax manager, install menuhax, and now on bootup with the GW SD card I get into a nice menu from which I can run GW.3dsx

So now I use the GW SD card and I get into an 11.2 emuNAND
Or I use the luma SD card and boot into an 11.6 redNAND

morocco1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have B9S Luma+Gateway dual-booting...

power = luma sysnand 11.6.0,
L + power = luma emunand 11.2.0
B + power = gateway emunand 11.2.0
I also keep a copy of the 11.2 cia's on the SD card incase I upgrade etc, i can downgrade via luma

That's pretty much my desired setup

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

morocco1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you can clone your current emunand or what ever you are using to your sysnand, or visa versa,
and use the otherfiles included in my other post and go from there,

Awesome, I'll be all over that once my NDS R4 card gets here. Thanks for sharing!

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
So how do you make it so that it boots into a certain environment based on a key combo? Do you have a multi emuNAND setup?
Holding B on bootup does what? Go into an unhacked environment with the kernel firms to run gateway?
single emunand, luma as chainloader, B_GW.firm in the payloads

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
single emunand, luma as chainloader, B_GW.firm in the payloads
GW has a .firm payload? This is the first time I've heard of this

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is that their arm9loaderhax.bin converted to .firm from their .bin with the .bin--> .firm tool?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With your System NAND at 11.6 and your EMU NAND at 11.2 you can use a franken firmware to play the latest games on GW. Basically, you'll update select files only to 11.4. You'll have to a a quick hex edit too. But your 3DS will think its on 11.4 and have all the required titles. The highest firmware any games require right now is 11.4.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-get-11-4-emunand-working-on-gateway-with-online-access.472624/ <----Tutorial, Talks about getting on line. I don't think that applies anymore. But the firmware will boot Samus Returns...

On Gateways official forum there is a payload converted to work on b9s 1.2 It works fine on 1.3 as well.

Not sure if its cool to link so search for "GW payload converted to B9S" on the official GW forum. It won't run directly so you have to use BootCTR9 to boot it.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-the-bootctr9-release-thread.435347/page-3#post-7370533 <-- BootCTR9 b9s .firm.

Also, IF you wanted, you can also search for "inscripted-aio-r6-guide" on the official GW forum. There is a ton of stuff there. Multi boot galore. I think you might be interested in the GW .SAV conversion tools if you decide to drop GW.

Good Luck!

RickyEarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a question I just thought of. I'm about to do the DSIWare Game injection system transfer from an Old 3DSXL to a 2DSXL. Will the Gateway (set as down+power) transfer over? Using it for my NDS roms on the blue card.

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Here's a question I just thought of. I'm about to do the DSIWare Game injection system transfer from an Old 3DSXL to a 2DSXL. Will the Gateway (set as down+power) transfer over? Using it for my NDS roms on the blue card.
none of the hacks will transfer, only legit purchases, and the hacked save, the menuhack etc will not transfer you will need to set them up again on the new system,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mzzz c

The blue Gateway card will run fine on Luma. No additional loader needed. You run it by clicking the normal cartridge slot icon like any other cartridge. The "down + power" trigger is usually for the red card as it requires a payload on a9lh or b9s. Getting the red card to run on 11.6 was described earlier in the thread.

Last edited by mikefor20,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With your System NAND at 11.6 and your EMU NAND at 11.2 you can use a franken firmware to play the latest games on GW. Basically, you'll update select files only to 11.4. You'll have to a a quick hex edit too. But your 3DS will think its on 11.4 and have all the required titles. The highest firmware any games require right now is 11.4.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-get-11-4-emunand-working-on-gateway-with-online-access.472624/ <----Tutorial, Talks about getting on line. I don't think that applies anymore. But the firmware will boot Samus Returns...

On Gateways official forum there is a payload converted to work on b9s 1.2 It works fine on 1.3 as well.

Not sure if its cool to link so search for "GW payload converted to B9S" on the official GW forum. It won't run directly so you have to use BootCTR9 to boot it.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-the-bootctr9-release-thread.435347/page-3#post-7370533 <-- BootCTR9 b9s .firm.

Also, IF you wanted, you can also search for "inscripted-aio-r6-guide" on the official GW forum. There is a ton of stuff there. Multi boot galore. I think you might be interested in the GW .SAV conversion tools if you decide to drop GW.

Good Luck!

I'm pretty sure the converted payload contains nothing proprietary, especially with it being such a small file. GW most likely would keep anything copyrighted like firmware or keys in the "launcher.dat" so every exploit they support could access them.

And on the last page (I think) of that 11.4 partial update tutorial, someone posted an updated list of 11.6 titles you can update to get back online. So, if you use those, online should still be possible.

And thanks for the endorsement of InScripted. It's actually up to R7 now. I added the new BootCTR9 that eliminates the random crashes now. I had to add a workaround to get Decrypt9 to work (it's a copy of CBM9, gets the job done nicely). While I was at it, I reused said workaround to make some loaders that fix converted payloads on Luma's chainloader (though I'll be removing two of them soon since Cakes 202 fixed it's boot issue).

Though I'm not sure why they would need to search for it. It's the only sticky post in the "A9LH & Custom Firmware Discussion" section on the official GW forum. Not that easy to miss ;)

no a9lh at all

https://mega.nz/#!6cR1RS4S!TEEDL2unXKyaTVXHiGbGIDvPWEZB8Jk-IIc0lefRETg

get your own cia's for updates, and your own launcher.dat for 11.2

Ah, this is actually ripped straight from my old AIO B9S Pack. I'm the only one that uses a "b9s/payloads" folder (that I'm aware of). I also recognize both the name and the filesize of the luma payload -- it's a renamed copy of BootCTR9 used to launch the "Gateway.firm" in the "b9s/payloads" folder. They even left in the options to boot Puma and Cakes in the "boot_config.ini" file. Well, no greater honor than discovering that all options being presented are my creations I guess ;)

GW has a .firm payload? This is the first time I've heard of this

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is that their arm9loaderhax.bin converted to .firm from their .bin with the .bin--> .firm tool?

Yes it is. Converted with firmtool, and working via BootCTR9. If you like that, you should check out InScritped. It's got even more options. One of the key features is you can set the hotkeys, default payload, chainloader, etc. via the scripts menu. The idea was to make it completely configurable without having to remove the card. It's using BootCTR9 by default (hence why you're able to change the default payload), but you won't see an observable difference without changing the settings because Luma is the default default payload. Though you can switch to Luma's chainloader if you simply must. You lose the ability to set a default payload, but you do gain the ability to put a hotkey on select (technically L+select).

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5...