Hacking 11.0 soft-downgrade?

Garuda357

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
A9LH'd 3ds and 1.1 stock 3ds.

Never done a system transfer before. Do I need to update my 1.1 to 11.0?

Also, as long as both consoles are set up as being in USA -for eshop access- I can get one of these nintendo gift cards with paypal and buy fieldrunners right?

Thanks and sorry for the noobish question but it is important to not fail.

Garuda357

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
there's no point in wanting to know this but the A9LH'd one is obviously at last firmware. While the other one is at 1.1.0-0

Both consoles are USA region consoles.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Well if the console is in that Firmware you will be better to get a game with 4.x update and install all trought MSET exploit with a DS flashcart and then update to 9.2 manually.

Last edited by Clector,

Garuda357

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well if I'm trying to do this is because I'm unable to do that. I know it is simpler.

Actually was expecting something like "do a hardmod". But yeah, my options are limited.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Well you can also update to last version and use Hardmod or DSiWareHax if you really want, but I think you should better get one game with 4.x update or well 6.x update (I think you can use Sky3DS also to use a game with 4.x or 6x update to update) and a DS Flashcart since you can do all directly with that, and of course will be simplier and maybe faster to do.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you can also update to last version and use Hardmod or DSiWareHax if you really want, but I think you should better get one game with 4.x update or well 6.x update (I think you can use Sky3DS also to use a game with 4.x or 6x update to update) and a DS Flashcart since you can do all directly with that, and of course will be simplier and maybe faster to do.
Yes you can

Garuda357

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You guys aren't thinking with my budget in mind. And no, I can't get sky or the game or the ds flashcard working on these firmwares for free with a friend. Just stick with the intel I shared. I know there are better, optimal ways to do this, but I can't do them. If you are kind and confirm what I asked, problem solved and all smiles.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Is said in the thread, but yes you need to be in lastest version (1.1.0-x didn"t even have System Transfer at all), and as long both consoles are from the same region and are set in the same Country you will be able to System Transfer. Also note that games and content (NNID if linked also) will be transfered.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys aren't thinking with my budget in mind. And no, I can't get sky or the game or the ds flashcard working on these firmwares for free with a friend. Just stick with the intel I shared. I know there are better, optimal ways to do this, but I can't do them. If you are kind and confirm what I asked, problem solved and all smiles.
You'll have to spend on any methods according to your situation anyway. But the cheapest approach is updating your 1.1 console to 11 then do the DSIware hax method to downgrade the vanilla console.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you can get a Sky3DS you'd be able to set up a9lh in about half an hour. You would use your Sky as a cubic ninja to get your OTP, then use your Sky as a 9.2 update game, then use it as Cubic Ninja again for Ninjhax 2.x to do homebrew, (then probably make some sysNAND backups with Decrypt9 in Homebrew) then use safea9lhinstaller.3dsx to install a9lh and you'd be done. You could then sell your Sky for nearly the same amount as you paid.

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
No, if you system transfer back to the first console after downgrading & installing a9lh (only for two o3ds or two n3ds consoles, not one o3ds and one n3ds).

Really? As I understood the comments here I can use 3DS #2 to transfer to 3DS #3 (after 7 days).

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried soft-modding a 11.0 a9lh 3DS to a normal 11.0 3DS but failed, the DSIWare wasn't detected during system transfer and I ended up with a default 11.0 system.

Anyone knows why this happened and how do I prevent this in the future?

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I tried soft-modding a 11.0 a9lh 3DS to a normal 11.0 3DS but failed, the DSIWare wasn't detected during system transfer and I ended up with a default 11.0 system.

Anyone knows why this happened and how do I prevent this in the future?
You bought the game legitly dont you

gatewait.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup I did, created a NNID, went to the eShop and bought it legitly on the source 3DS.
uhm, did you use the source's sd card as the target's new sd card after the transfer? That happened to me too on my first attempt. You're supposed to either use the source sd card as the new sd card for the target system or copy to the pc the source sd cards file and transfer it to the sd card that the target system will be using

Last edited by Akira,
Reactions: justln

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
uhm, did you use the source's sd card as the target's new sd card after the transfer? That happened to me too on my first attempt. You're supposed to either use the source sd card as the new sd card for the target system or copy to the pc the source sd cards file and transfer it to the sd card that the target system will be using
Ah, goddamn it. That must be what happened, I got confused by the Guide. :(

Thanks, I'll try again in 7 days and read everything step by step again and again.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, goddamn it. That must be what happened, I got confused by the Guide. :(

Thanks, I'll try again in 7 days and read everything step by step again and again.
Yes, just wait for 7 days. And take note of what happened so you won't have to waste money and wait for another week just to transfer again:).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D:)