Homebrew 10.4 Release soon?

naddel81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but in case it might brick, I am really screwed, because she would kill me for that.

So I would at least get her streetpass/mii plaza saves extracted.

katrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If 10.4 patches menuhax, will CFW users still be able to coldboot to 10.4 emunand? I assume they would, since the sysnand is still 9.2.. If not, I need to get my Pokemon out of the bank asap

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

If 10.4 patches menuhax, will CFW users still be able to coldboot to 10.4 emunand? I assume they would, since the sysnand is still 9.2.. If not, I need to get my Pokemon out of the bank asap
If your sysNAND is still on a menuhax exploitable firmware, it doesn't matter what firmware your emuNAND is on.

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating Emunand to 10.4 wont effect your sysNAND, so menuhax is safe.

Reactions: katrain

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your girlfriends N3ds is on 10.3 its likely she would have to format to downgrade anyways. Which I'm sure would be a dealbreaker.

Exactly, the only reason I will not downgrade is due to the loss of information, I'd rather just stay at 10.3 with what I got which I'm pretty happy with at the moment since I have all the available Legit CIAs for US. :3

Reactions: Deleted User

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, the only reason I will not downgrade is due to the loss of information, I'd rather just stay at 10.3 with what I got which I'm pretty happy with at the moment since I have all the available Legit CIAs for US. :3
So long as you stay on 10.3 you should be fine then. Legit cias are pretty great games, and there are always more in the future.

But as far as formatting goes, so long as you backup your saves and remember your NNID, its not a super big deal. Its a small price to pay for EmuNAND imo.

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently interested/anxious on what will be included in the new update. Mostly what it will patch and how will it affect the community.
Mearly speculation, but it will likely patch browserhax,shufflehax,memchunk2, and syshax.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
/me wonders why everyone says this will be 10.4 when it could be 11.0 just as easily

True, but then they would actually have to add something like how 9.0 was for themes, another guess but you never know, and lately its been quite slow getting through the versions since it used to be large skips and now its 10.1, 10.2, 10.3...

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
True, but then they would actually have to add something like how 9.0 was for themes, another guess but you never know, and lately its been quite slow getting through the versions since it used to be large skips and now its 10.1, 10.2, 10.3...
firm updates 8.0 and 10.0 were featureless.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/231/~/system-menu-update-history

But it's still possible for there to be a small feature improvement to justify the big 11. Another reason to expect 11.0 is it's been a full two months since the last one, so more likely the chance for a big number leap. Still, I don't expect much in the way of features though as they're probably trying to focus on to the next platform.

Fun fact: there have been 42 3DS updates so far! Infinite stability!

Last edited by zoogie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou