Homebrew ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (10.3 Kernel Hax PoC)

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I use CubicNinja Method to do the downgrade on my N3DS 10.3U?
I'm wondering, because I don't want to install menuhax!

Given that downgrading removes all exploits and requires you to reformat your SD card ( and I believe formats your NAND), why not? There's nothing wrong with using it once!

gmol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use this but it keeps saying:

titleException:
main.cpp:108: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!

I'm using a New Nintendo 3DS, my entry point is homemenuhax and the .cia files for downgrade are on the roots of the microSD card in a folder called "updates" can someone help me please?
Oh yeah, I'm trying to downgrade from 10.3.0-28E to 9.2.0-20E
I have the exact same issue on my N3DS 9.9 JP

Spyro78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone list the downsides of being on 9.2 or all of the functionality that is lost? Is there still stable eShop access, homebrew launcher remaining usable, playability of games + DLC, etc.?

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jaksy For some reason, Injected Fbi freezes when trying to install a cia?
I didn't have any freezing, but injected fbi was an older version that wasn't properly installing cia files for me.

To fix this I booted into emunand with cakes and then booted into the HB menu from emunand, installing fbi.cia to emunand with the fbi.3dsx from there.
This version of fbi worked fine in rxtools for me.

Edit: you could also try BBM as an alternative cia manager

Last edited by jaksy,

Elratauru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
So.. I just downgraded my O3DS XL, from 10.3 to 9.0.0-20 by user error (I can't believe it worked!). I used the wrong version by mistake but for the right console.
I formated my system memory just in case before doing it, tried a few times until I got it working. Not even had to remove my card for it to work afterwards, it also rebooted perfectly after the 10 seconds.

Should I update to 9.2 for CFW, if so, how should I do it?

Thanks.

Attachments

• WP_20160104_19_01_31_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160104_19_01_31_Pro.jpg
    820.6 KB · Views: 297

Allahu_Spooky_Cena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So.. I just downgraded my O3DS XL, from 10.3 to 9.0.0-20 by user error (I can't believe it worked!). I used the wrong version by mistake but for the right console.
I formated my system memory just in case before doing it, tried a few times until I got it working. Not even had to remove my card for it to work afterwards, it also rebooted perfectly after the 10 seconds.

Should I update to 9.2 for CFW, if so, how should I do it?

Thanks.
You probably don't need to update to 9.2 because 9.0 has all the things that 9.2 has.
I downgraded to 9.0 and everything is working perfectly

Elratauru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
i wouldnt chance it 9.0 just as good as 9.2 imo

You probably don't need to update to 9.2 because 9.0 has all the things that 9.2 has.
I downgraded to 9.0 and everything is working perfectly

Well, I guess then I'm good then! Good to know, I original had this 3DS since firmware 6.1 and I couldn't actually remember what changed between 9.0 and 9.2, and since both are 20 I guess nothing much.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is weird @jaksy... I installed FBI onto RXtools but I don't think sigs are patched anymore. I can run it via Pasta but on autobooting emunand, it's a no go.

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What have you tried to install in this injected FBI?
No, I ran Pasta, then ran FBI via HBL to install a cia of FBI. The only problem I'm having is running it on rxTools. I think the rxTools versions I have don't have sigs patched or something.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is weird @jaksy... I installed FBI onto RXtools but I don't think sigs are patched anymore. I can run it via Pasta but on autobooting emunand, it's a no go.
Try booting back into the homebrew menu from emunand and running fbi.3dsx, if that doesnt work then your emunand has no sig patching. If it does somethings wrong with the fbi.cia.

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try booting back into the homebrew menu from emunand and running fbi.3dsx, if that doesnt work then your emunand has no sig patching. If it does somethings wrong with the fbi.cia.
Yeah, it's not sig patching.. I have no idea why. I'll see if I can get ReiNand running then..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: