Homebrew ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (10.3 Kernel Hax PoC)

Razorzeto

Darkness can not drive out darkness.
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay then, those who have used fbi have blackscreens, but some people who haven't used it have black screens too...

To clarify, I didn't used FBI before trying to downgrade. My system was completely clean, only necessary homebrew to make the process.
I decide to use FBI and install legit cias when I said to myself stop trying to downgrade and staying on 10.3 to avoid a nice brick.

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
To clarify, I didn't used FBI before trying to downgrade. My system was completely clean, only necessary homebrew to make the process.
I decide to use FBI and install legit cias when I said to myself stop trying to downgrade and staying on 10.3 to avoid a nice brick.

So FBI seems to not be related if you got the black screen but never used fbi

D

Deleted-236924

I think he means perfect bricking tool, it's an old cfw that is like palentines but with full access to nand files hence why it's good for bricking
It's identical to Palantine CFW except it runs on sysnand instead of emunand, basically.

Reactions: peteruk

sanyex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
anyone with a fresh downgraded new3ds here? if you use rxtools with pastacfw: can you use GBA VC .cia games?

Razorzeto

Trophies
XP
Country
You removed the sd card first right?

Of course, and the error always pop up. I've tried changing the SD card thinking that was the problem, but always the same result with any sd card or micro sd card with adapter I have.
Seriously this is very annoying.

Any one who has installed some form of themehax/menuhax probably needs to boot the 3DS without the SD card installed after downgrading. ;)

To everyone having the problem with black screen and text: "An error has ocurred..." it doesn't matter, because the error pop up inmediately after the success text "rebooting at 10 seconds..." or something like that on sysupdater and no matter what you do it's impossible to get ride of it unless you enter recovery and update to latest firmware.

Razorzeto

Trophies
XP
Country
I still did that and got the infamous software brick black screen of death. It doesn't work for some :(

I'll stay on 10.3 with tubehax DNS and wait for an stable solution that works on every console or when team Gateway has something to offer, I don't want to risk losing homebrew if suddenly Nin tendo release an update while i'm recovering from that black screen.

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully downgraded, backed up my NAND, created an emuNAND and unlinked it from my sysNAND. But for the life of me I simply can't get RxTools to work. I either get two black screens or a red lower screen and I have to hard-reset. What may I be doing wrong? I'm following this guide, I'm using the latest release (Dec. 5) and I'm putting the correct 0004013820000002.bin on the /firm folder.

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
I successfully downgraded, backed up my NAND, created an emuNAND and unlinked it from my sysNAND. But for the life of me I simply can't get RxTools to work. I either get two black screens or a red lower screen and I have to hard-reset. What may I be doing wrong? I'm following this guide, I'm using the latest release (Dec. 5) and I'm putting the correct 0004013820000002.bin on the /firm folder.

Did you used steveice sysupdater or tuxsh sysupdater ?
and by the way :

http://strawpoll.me/6448964
Please vote only if you have properly downgraded your sysnand, just want to know if it's possible to downgrade if we have used fbi before...

Last edited by MasterLel,

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you used steveice sysupdater or tuxsh sysupdater ?
and by the way :

http://strawpoll.me/6448964
Please vote only if you have properly downgraded your sysnand, just want to know if it's possible to downgrade if we have used fbi before...

Which sysupdater do I use? I keep getting "Unable to get CIA information.." error. It's annoying the hell out of me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof