Hacking 1.1.3 - sooner than later?

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what may have changed on the site, but what they can't control are his posts here on GBAtemp where he was selling people on buying the DS-X. The thread is here. After he was confronted by people with more foresight than myself or anybody here, he stopped posting and a continuation thread exists here. Reading through them has tons of choice quotes, just from the first post:

QUOTE said:
I am DS-X Guru, and know the talented people from DS-X.

I will be attempting to establish a link between you (The Reader, DS-Xtreme owner or just plain the Community) and DS-X. I will also do Support over here on the GBATemp Forums in near Future.
...support which lasted all of that thread and then he disappeared to the sanctuary of the DS-X forum where he can come and go as he pleases and hide behind draconian posting etiquette enforced by the mods.

QUOTE said:
Well unlike the (PassMe and G6 Combo) you benefit from a single Unit that is not only Future proof (It will work with all DS Units from today and tomorrow) you will also NOT be voiding your Warranty (unlike flashme) in any way. You will not require to Patch any Roms either, which means you don't have to wait for a Patch for a certain rom anymore, or wait on a firmware upgrade for your DS-Xtreme.
OH HOLY SHIT HE USED THE R WORD! HOLY TAPDANCING SHITBALLS! Alright so it's not that surprising because every single person reading this knows by now that such promises were made. And all while plugging the fact that it's future proof, and you will never be required to patch roms. Never have to wait on a patch? What do you call replacing the arm7 binary? Never have to wait on a firmware upgrade? It's been how long? OH THE HILARITY COULD NOT BE ANY MORE EVIDENT.

QUOTE said:
DS-X will be delivering Firmware updates to not only improove existing Features, but also introduce new ones. Making your hardware last for very long, and still be able to enjoy the latest new innovations in the DS Community.
OW MY SIDES.

QUOTEIn the end, yes the DS-Xtreme costs a little more then its rival products, but; The DS-Xtreme is much better, longer lasting hardware then anyone else on the market. Its a fully quality based Product that's meant to last and instead of updating the firmware to support a new Rom, we might be seeing feature updates and feature additions instead. I think for 13$ difference i shouldn't have put this much effort in this
Better, longer lasting hardware than anyone! You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried. It takes a special breed of bastard like Guru to do it.

Can it run Regular 'regular' DS games like all other cards?
Yes it can, and will not require any patching anymore

What about Compatibility?
DS-X is currently hard at work to get 100% Compatibility - If there would be any issue with one or the other Game i am pretty sure DS-X would be releasing a Firmware update for the DS-Xtreme to get those Games working.
There it is again. Was he talking about homebrew 'apps'? No, he already covered that in the section directly prior. He was irrefutably telling people--on this very message board and in order to sell them on buying his product-- that the DS-X would retain 100% compatibility with ROMS.

Read it for yourselves, the entire thread is pure gold. Every single bit of it. Sadly, I based my purchase almost entirely upon the GBAtemp review so like all of you I never received all the pertinent information.

the newgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
 Sadly, I based my purchase almost entirely upon the GBAtemp review so like all of you I never received all the pertinent information.

I reckon its high time GBAtemp re-reviewed the DS-Xtreme, I myself based my purchase on their review and I would feel sorry for anyone who went and bought one based on the review as it stands. I mean for Gods sake in the Cons part of the review it says that there's 1 unsupported game for it (animal crossing) which is a joke. And in my opinion any re-review should also include the attitude that is displayed in the forums towards their customers which is a disgrace.
As for the new firmware, like most I will believe it when I see it, the thread started by dreads has been locked already which isn't very encouraging.

Virusak

Trophies
XP
Country
Agree, the review no more represents DS-X as it is now, and the *The review score will be updated soon* text is there for too long, they should take time to re-review it

maxpowersin

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I pm'ed shaunj about this i.e updating the "review" of ds xtreme. But nothing happened
frown.gif

I hope this thread catches his or some mods' eye
smile.gif

I personally believe that gbatemp needs to update its review as soon as possible becuase lot of people depend on this site for their flash cart purchases. I also bought a r4 then a cyclo based on this site's reviews
wink.gif

amemoryoncelost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've lost hope myself. I was told by a dev there would be an update in a few days, this was over a week ago. So yeah, such a joke. My ds-x will be sold in the next week or so.

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c