Hacking 001 Error Removal

groovychips

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry for taking so long to reply, but I was on vacation and didn´t have a wii to test this...

I tried to just remove the 001 error from Super Mario Galaxy without brickblocking it. Here is the results:

When I insert the disc, in the Channels page it appears as it is reading it (i.e. it won´t show galaxy logo). If i click on the channel, it gives me the message "Initiating a Wii system update" and prompts me to press ok. Well, I couldn´t muster enough courage to do it, so here I am bothering you again.

Since I have firmware 3.1U why is the game trying to update? And I got kinda lost when Skawo said "don´t click on Disc Channel, it´ll show you that´s Wii System Update if so...". But if I don´t click on the Disc Channel I can´t play the game, right (I feel this is really a classic Noob question, but...)

If anybody can help me, I will be very grateful...

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You know what? You should bring your courage up and update. I think it's only little update to lmake game run. It will possibly don't make your firmware higher.

Also, did you tried homebrew channel and GeckoOS?

Plus, I never heard about update to render modchips useless.

kolo909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did all that with ferrari challenge (new game maby why it wont work) i removed the error 001 and then restored it and then i put it in my wii and it doesn't ethen load just goes *an error has occurred.press the eject button to remove the disk, then turn the wii off and refer to the wii operations manual for help troubleshooting* aghh there goes two days and 5 disks i didn't need to lose...

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kolo909 said:
i did all that with ferrari challenge (new game maby why it wont work) i removed the error 001 and then restored it and then i put it in my wii and it doesn't ethen load just goes *an error has occurred.press the eject button to remove the disk, then turn the wii off and refer to the wii operations manual for help troubleshooting* aghh there goes two days and 5 disks i didn't need to lose...
You have firmware 3.3 yes?

kolo909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skawo96 said:
kolo909 said:
You have firmware 3.3 yes?

um no how do i get filmware 3.3?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the Wii Management and look in the upper right corner; there it will say "3.X" and then your region.

If you have 3.3 then you need to load games using the Homebrew Channel and Gecko OS.

kolo909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Summersett said:
Use the Wii Management and look in the upper right corner; there it will say "3.X" and then your region.

If you have 3.3 then you need to load games using the Homebrew Channel and Gecko OS.

can i downgrade to 3.2 an the games will work?

DaveMode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kolo909 said:
Summersett said:

You can either downgrade to ver 3,2 or if you use the homebrew channel, just boot the game through Gecko OS.

kolo909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaveMode said:
kolo909 said:
Summersett said:

You can either downgrade to ver 3,2 or if you use the homebrew channel, just boot the game through Gecko OS.

could i get a link to homebrew channel?

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kolo909 said:
DaveMode said:
kolo909 said:
Summersett said:

could i get a link to homebrew channel?
www.hbc.hackmii.com
www.hackmii.com
www.google.com
www.yahoo.com

Remember these links to your death or your wii death.

HENRCAST

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've done the Trucha method with a Tales of Symphonia 2 Iso and it didn't work. I get to a black screen that says: An error has ocurred. Press the eject button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the troubleshooting manual. My Wii is 3.2U (or at least it says that), and I burned the iso image in a Sony DVD-R.

EDIT: According to this topic, I have to unzip everything to a single folder, and I haven't done that. Does that really make a difference?

Ricj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help me out, i dont know what's going on.

I got all the programs, even the key.bin. All in one folder.

Put i dont know if i misuderstood something or if i did something wrong.

I openend both, key.bin and wiikeyset.reg. I took the line (in Hex mode) from key.bin copy it and paste it on wiikeyset.reg. Then i ran wiikeyset.reg twice. When i go to trucha, it wont open my Iso "Error Decrypting data" it says. And it is set to "custom keyset 1" just like in the tutorial...

So, did i miss something!?

yobemal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I dont get the
Code:
"common key"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

when i open the key.bin tith ultra edit. also does it need to be on partition 2? the game only have 0 and 1.

yobemal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
yeah, but on USB loaders i get
QUOTE said:
An error has occured.
Press the EJECT Button, remove the Disc,
and turn off the power to the console.