Trophies
XP
Country
United States
homebrew.gif
OpenTyrian DS
Vertical shmup
[2073]opentyrian.JPG

"Once you've selected your preferred equipment of destruction, it's time to use it. Just having a big gun doesn't mean you're a hotshot. Your enemies know how you think. The only way to beat them is for you to know them just as well. And above all: violence is not the only route to victory. Study your datacubes well. They contain valuable information that could give you the edge you need to conquer the level that you just can't seem to beat. Know when you're walking into a death zone and prepare adequately, and you'll be one more step ahead... Good luck."

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Homepage

Urza

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say, this is one of the best DS ports I've played in a while.

Definitely recommend to try. Quite enjoyable with both button and touch screen controls.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tyrian? TYRIAN? Oh. My. God. This is one of my favourite games ever. I'm so gonna try this out
biggrin.gif
Just the other day I was thinking about how good this game would be on DS, after the release of Nanostray 2.

*downloading*

Magnifico

Trophies
Website
www.getexbackclub.com
XP
Country
United States
Joey Ravn said:
Tyrian? TYRIAN? Oh. My. God. This is one of my favourite games ever. I'm so gonna try this out
biggrin.gif
Just the other day I was thinking about how good this game would be on DS, after the release of Nanostray 2.

*downloading*

same here!!! there was an attempt at a port for GBA quite a while ago, and ive always been secretly hoping someone would do this for DS. cant wait to try!!!

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tyrian is not only the greatest SHMUP ever, but it has a soundtrack that rivals Chrono Trigger. I actually hadn't heard of OpenTyrian at all until today. Very sweet.

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
To anyone playing: I found that turning the detail down to "low" helped a bit with the slowdown, but by the time the game had loaded 4 songs (and just as I was entering the first level), the music stopped playing :.(

Edit: as mentioned below, it worked the second time I loaded the game

Urza

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
swarmster said:
To anyone playing: I found that turning the detail down to "low" helped a bit with the slowdown, but by the time the game had loaded 4 songs (and just as I was entering the first level), the music stopped playing :.(
I played through the first two levels and the music maintained throughout.

Turmoil

Trophies
Website
mos.net.au
XP
Country
Yeah I passed a couple of levels and music was fine throughout. Very very playable game. I actually have Tyrian on my PC, one of the only games that gets installed/put on all of my PCs. Thanks very much to all those involved in making this game, its better than most if not all games released on the DS not just homebrew but commercial too IMO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/hgGA3axH1ec?si=NzHnqwUkhZJr8eqi