Gaming Brawl Crashing. Only in Classic mode with Mario character.

justrik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello Guys,

i have a problem and i think i tried everything.
when i play BRAWL, it all goes fine. it starts up and i can play the game just like anyone can.

except when i try to play in Classic mode with the Mario character, de wii totaly crashes. suddenly the game freezes and it's giving me a loud noise from the TV. also the wiimote is constantly vibrating. the only thing that i can do at that moment is to shut it down by releasing the powercord.

so here are some spec's:

i got the following wii
- PAL
- firmware 3.2E
- Argon chip with firmware version 1.8
- no dual channels from BRAWL (updated the update file in truncha signer)

i tried the following:

- Argon firmware 1.6
- DVD9 (memorex +r dual layer)
- DVD9 with video mode changer
- DVD9 with regionfrii
- DVD9 with both..regionfrii and video mode changer

- DVD5 (with this trick http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=78029 )... burned this on verbatim DVD-R (no stutter in intro movie..so it's a good media and a good burn)
so i gues since this is a singlelayer DVD, it's not my drive and not my media brand. the mario character is totaly elsewhere positioned on a DVD5 than a DVD9..so no dead spot on the laser.

so everything i tried runs the game.. except for de mario character in classic mode.
can you guys try to do the mario classic mode? normally my games freezes within the first 4 stages.

thanks alot for helping me out!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
the game also crashes when you complete classic mode with link, at the credits it comes up with a green screen "a error has occurred please switch of the console and refer to the user manual"

Posts merged

Hardcore Gamer said:
[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=78024]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=78024[/url]

There's your answer. It's because you're running the game in 50hz mode. You can only run it in 60hz mode on a pal machine if you turn deflicker off.

i don't think he said he is using 50hertz mode? my game crashes when i am using 480i (60hertz) mode.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
the game also crashes when you complete classic mode with link, at the credits it comes up with a green screen "a error has occurred please switch of the console and refer to the user manual"

That sounds like a different crash, this 60hz trick stops the crashing with the loud noise. Does this still do that running at 60hz?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hardcore Gamer said:
jalaneme said:

That sounds like a different crash, this 60hz trick stops the crashing with the loud noise. Does this still do that running at 60hz?

i don't get a loud noise or vibrating wiimote but i do get the error message while using 60hertz mode.

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be okay if someone just made a topic dubbed: "The Official SSBB Crash Reports" or something along those lines? There are too many topics with crash problems.

justrik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well this is new.... my TV does not support 60Hz. so i am stuck with the problem... lol a 42" plasma that doesn't support 60Hz... unbelievable.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Marticuno said:
Does the deflicker change it to 60Hz?

No, but for some reason, if you leave deflicker on and change wii settings to 60hz the game loads only with a blank screen. If you turn deflicker off, you get a blank screen at the start of loading but it comes on for the opening intro.

I'm certain it's running it in 50hz mode that causes the crashing because it won't crash for me now while running in 60hz mode.

yaggermr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try verbatim dvd+r dl made in Singapore I had similar problem with memorex dual layer disc burned multiple times with glitchy results. First burn with verbatim disc and my backup worked like a champ.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you are getting lock-ups (frozen screen and loud constant sound) you can always hold the power button (on the console, not the Wiimote) in for 5 seconds and it will shut down. Probably a bit safer than pulling the plug.

dydy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:

Posts merged

Hardcore Gamer said:
[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=78024]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=78024[/url]

There's your answer. It's because you're running the game in 50hz mode. You can only run it in 60hz mode on a pal machine if you turn deflicker off.

i don't think he said he is using 50hertz mode? my game crashes when i am using 480i (60hertz) mode.

jalaneme the classic mode on version US work fine with link i have tried and no bug or crash?? the credits comes and work fine....i have also played the classic mode in the version japanese and no problem?? curious problem you have ?

I have a WII PAL with wiikey 100% original and 1.9g and firmware 3.2E and work fine version US and Japanese
smile.gif

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
any of you guys have problems with running the How to Play movie, for me it crashes the game after a minute or so of showing...??
Post your results before i run off an buy me some more dl disc's
rolleyes.gif

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
bewitched said:
any of you guys have problems with running the How to Play movie, for me it crashes the game after a minute or so of showing...??
rolleyes.gif

All Videos in the data options work fine on my pal d2ckey. The only crashing I've had on a video was when the bomb exploded at the start of SSE. I burnt the game again on fastest speed and it works fine so for me it was a bad burn.

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hardcore Gamer said:
bewitched said:
rolleyes.gif

All Videos in the data options work fine on my pal d2ckey. The only crashing I've had on a video was when the bomb exploded at the start of SSE. I burnt the game again on fastest speed and it works fine so for me it was a bad burn.
thanx for your reply, which disc did you used (manufacturer)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Just went out to McDonalds.