Gaming SSBB Crashes

ha107642

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

I recently burned out Wiizards SSBB release for my PAL wiikey-wii. I burned it using IMGburn and Layer Break at 2084960.

I updated the wii, got dual channels and everything worked fine... until I used Marios waterthing attack. A fully charged water projectile caused my wii to stop and make a huge noise. Same thing happened with Squirtles fully charged water projectile (They might have the same animation).

I think that the problem is with the water projectile, that it's corrupt or so. I've burnt two copies of the game, using the same method. Both stopped at the same place.

Does anyone of you have the same problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Thundi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have the exact same problem (just not the dual channels, because i went through that trucha signing stuff), can anyone confirm its caused by the layerbreak setting? If so I'll use another of those precious DL-DVDs, just don't want to burn it without confirmation and waste the disc.

Posts merged

rodak said:
Thundi said:
Hi Guys,

i just tried it myself, followed all the steps from the first post (including video mode change!), except using regionfrii, because i thought that's what the generic wii tool patcher thingy will do too. So far i got it working, but only in 50 hz, in 60 hz the screen stays black and it won't start. Furthermore, the intro video was very laggy, the sound kinda chopped. I tried a Mario vs. Mario vs. Mario vs. Mario fight, because i read its gonna crash on some move and it sure as hell did. :-( Yet other fights seem to be working ok, haven't tried online yet. Is there any solution for my problems, did i miss something or do something wrong?
I am using a PAL Wii, v 3.2e with latest wiikey update.

Thanks and Greets.

Try turning the deflicker OFF in the game options, then set your wii to 60Hz, may work but i´m not sure.

This is from another thread and it did the trick for me, start game in 50 hz, turn off deflicker, go to wii settings and set to 60 hz. Game runs fine for me now and the water attack works. Mind that the screen stays black for a short while when you start the game, so be a little patient, it will eventually boot.

ha107642

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thundi said:
I have the exact same problem (just not the dual channels, because i went through that trucha signing stuff), can anyone confirm its caused by the layerbreak setting? If so I'll use another of those precious DL-DVDs, just don't want to burn it without confirmation and waste the disc.

Posts merged

rodak said:
Thundi said:
Hi Guys,

i just tried it myself, followed all the steps from the first post (including video mode change!), except using regionfrii, because i thought that's what the generic wii tool patcher thingy will do too. So far i got it working, but only in 50 hz, in 60 hz the screen stays black and it won't start. Furthermore, the intro video was very laggy, the sound kinda chopped. I tried a Mario vs. Mario vs. Mario vs. Mario fight, because i read its gonna crash on some move and it sure as hell did. :-( Yet other fights seem to be working ok, haven't tried online yet. Is there any solution for my problems, did i miss something or do something wrong?
I am using a PAL Wii, v 3.2e with latest wiikey update.

Thanks and Greets.

Try turning the deflicker OFF in the game options, then set your wii to 60Hz, may work but i´m not sure.

This is from another thread and it did the trick for me, start game in 50 hz, turn off deflicker, go to wii settings and set to 60 hz. Game runs fine for me now and the water attack works. Mind that the screen stays black for a short while when you start the game, so be a little patient, it will eventually boot.

Thank you VERY much. It works now
smile.gif
Sweet.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I hope I can use 60hz then since my TV say 50hz at the back of it.

Yes it works, just to wait for it (about 10secs) =)

Thanks for the tip.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
linuxares said:
I hope I can use 60hz then since my TV say 50hz at the back of it.

Yes it works, just to wait for it (about 10secs) =)

Thanks for the tip.

50Hz is the frequency of the AC power supply, nothing to do with the video modes of the TV!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.