Hacking Where the hell is the new R4 kernel ??

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was mentioned in the original topic about the update that it was postponed a month. If that holds true, we have another week or two to wait.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Where the hell is the new R4 kernel??

My thoughts exactly. I'm gonna wait a little longer, starting to get annoyed.... I want 1.12!
cry.gif

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so then everyone that's whining about the delay in the kernel release is:[*]a rabid Pokemon Battle Revolution player and is gonna wet themself if they can't play their precious game in Wii Connect mode[*]has a 4GB microSD burning a hole in their pocket waiting for a home in their R4[*]is a Worms fan and can't figure out how to apply the arm7 fix on their ownReally people, what is so broken about v1.11 that you have to even bother with posting a complaint?

I'll leave it to those like Costello that have stronger contacts with the R4 team to tell us for sure, but I bet this isn't their day job and that this is a minor side business much like mod builders do with games like Quake and Half Life, etc...

Hang tight. You'll get it when they're ready to give it to us.

striderx

P.S. - I've got three PBR fans in this house that would love to get v1.12 with the Wii Connect fixed... but we're patient.

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so then everyone that's whining about the delay in the kernel release is:[*]a rabid Pokemon Battle Revolution player and is gonna wet themself if they can't play their precious game in Wii Connect mode
[*]has a 4GB microSD burning a hole in their pocket waiting for a home in their R4
[*]is a Worms fan and can't figure out how to apply the arm7 fix on their ownReally people, what is so broken about v1.11 that you have to even bother with posting a complaint?
Indeed. I might not even download the update, unless it has some kind of better menu customization or something (like the ability to have custom buttons in an .ini, using which I can, say, set my Ewin GBA Loader to run from the main menu).

And I am a Worms fan, but because I'm a Worms fan, I actually bought the game.
smile.gif
I have an ARM7 patched ROM too, but I only use it for experimentation.
smile.gif

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so then everyone that's whining about the delay in the kernel release is:[*]a rabid Pokemon Battle Revolution player and is gonna wet themself if they can't play their precious game in Wii Connect mode
[*]has a 4GB microSD burning a hole in their pocket waiting for a home in their R4
[*]is a Worms fan and can't figure out how to apply the arm7 fix on their ownReally people, what is so broken about v1.11 that you have to even bother with posting a complaint?

I'll leave it to those like Costello that have stronger contacts with the R4 team to tell us for sure, but I bet this isn't their day job and that this is a minor side business much like mod builders do with games like Quake and Half Life, etc...

Hang tight. You'll get it when they're ready to give it to us.

striderx

P.S. - I've got three PBR fans in this house that would love to get v1.12 with the Wii Connect fixed... but we're patient.

((Except of course that mod builders don't have a product they are selling on the market and charge for, so your analogy there is a little messed.))

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
((Except of course that mod builders don't have a product they are selling on the market and charge for, so your analogy there is a little messed.))

Touché...
wink.gif

Regardless, it's a sideline for them and their work doesn't always follow an ordered development schedule. That said, let's all be cool and hang tight for the new release, k?

striderx

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R4 hasn't gotten a new kernal in 3 months today! If they kept to their usual one kernal a month release, we'd be on v. 1.14 by now...

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Oh, waaaah. Poor you, you gotta wait a WHOLE another month to play your precious Pogeymans. That's all I see in this update anyway. And 4 Gb cards, but it's the same as using 2 2Gb's.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, waaaah. Poor you, you gotta wait a WHOLE another month to play your precious Pogeymans. That's all I see in this update anyway. And 4 Gb cards, but it's the same as using 2 2Gb's.

There can also be a possibility of DS-Wii connectivity. And a 4 GB has one firmware on it only, while two 2 Gb's need two, although fairly small...

Damn, you post FAST...

DoS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
People that know me, know this: I'm a complete update freak. I love having the latest updates, with the latest bugfixes and features, even if this new version breaks something else.

I just have a constant need for updates, and the R4 is no exception. Give me the new version, now

8|

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People that know me, know this: I'm a complete update freak. I love having the latest updates, with the latest bugfixes and features, even if this new version breaks something else.

I just have a constant need for updates, and the R4 is no exception. Give me the new version, now

8|

I think I have that exact same problem. =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-