Blackout

OP
Trophies
Website
geekllife.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've been looking at DS flashcarts for awhile now, and was deciding on getting one. I came upon 2 final choices. Either the R4DS (Revolution for DS) or the SUPERCARD DS (ONE) V2. Listed below is what I want to see in my desired flashcart.

- All ROM's will play
- Download play works for most of the games
- Music, Videos, Pictures
- Possibly a GUI
- flashcart is durable (i.e. spring loading action won't break when loading microSD)
- ease of use
- good firmware
- affordable (between $30 and $80 for BOTH the flashcart and microSD (2GB))

I'm assuming that the 2 flashcarts listed above are the best ones out there.

Please voice your opinions.

Thanks

roboz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would say R4 since it is more popular, but you are gonna have to wait awhile since there is a shortage so your better off with supercard if you dont want to wait

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I've seen this topic a lot lately. I guess due to the nature of the board the search function is beyond the ability of some people attracted.
I'd add a "what is search?" to my sig but there are just so many of them. =(

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the sc ds one, it has more features(real time game guide and homebrew sof reset), it's better built, gui is better(full touch screen support) and more options.

The only bad side of supercard is that it needs decent microsd card, now thanks to "patch sd read speeds almost every card works(except castlevania POR), if the card is good(kingston/pny/toshiba japan) every game will work without enabling this option

takeshi10123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
supercard ds one (i've got version 1) and the most resant firmware as wa
nds.gif
yaynds.gif
ll

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I've read that the SuperCard DS(ONE) doesn't save your games and has a battery that will die. Is this true? I don't think that the R4 has these types of problems do they?

nope.. in fact it has a better save system, offering multiple save slots for each game

also there has not been 1 game released that hasn't worked on the scds-1 and needed an update of any kind !

you can't say the same for the R4 (zelda for example amongst others)

oh yeh... 'real time/no slowdown' book/guide support and AR+Dipstar cheat engine is another advantage of the sc-ds1

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Check out this article to help you out.
Best Flashcart

I personally recommend the Cyclods Evolution, which was my 1st flashcart to get. My next choice would be the R4.
Exactly what I was going to say. Ignore all the fanboys, all the people quoted in this page are well-respected and unbiased members of the scene. Most of them are reviewers and will therefore have a balanced opinion of all carts unlike fanboys who will have only ever tried one cart. Oh, and I'm in it too
happy.gif

- Sam

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check out this article to help you out.
Best Flashcart

I personally recommend the Cyclods Evolution, which was my 1st flashcart to get. My next choice would be the R4.

Exactly what I was going to say. Ignore all the fanboys, all the people quoted in this page are well-respected and unbiased members of the scene. Most of them are reviewers and will therefore have a balanced opinion of all carts unlike fanboys who will have only ever tried one cart. Oh, and I'm in it too
happy.gif

- Sam

Well I think that reviewers can also be fanboys. I mean I know a reviewer that takes part in that discussion and in his review states that "finally we can get "m3 quality" for cheap thanks to m3 simply. He states that the cart is strong and well built. But some months later (now) he says that it looked like if it was going to break. I think that he discovered that it was just crap(talking about hardware) made by other team and not m3.

You don't need to be a reviewer to test all cards, I have had several cartridges in my hands, almost everything except ds-extreme.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read that the SuperCard DS(ONE) doesn't save your games and has a battery that will die. Is this true? I don't think that the R4 has these types of problems do they?
People have been having save issues recently, yes. However, I believe we've discovered how to fix it. Basically, when you save, it keeps the save info in that capacitor, which shouldn't die down quickly. It then write the data to the *.sav file the next time you boot up. For some people, the capacitor loses its data within a few minutes, which shouldn't be happening. The solution appears to be to save your game, power down, power back up within a minute, and then power back down again. It hasn't been thoroughly tested yet however.

The issue appears to only affect some users, and keep in mind that the SCDS has a 1-year warranty so you should contact your store for a replacement if you can't stand it (or contact romman if a store refuses to honor the warranty).

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO get the R4...
just because it has more skins
tongue.gif

Yes the SuperCard has an amazing Moonshell OS, soft reset in Homebrew, and great integration with supercard slot-2 carts. And yes it has 100% rom compatibility and download play but!!!

The saving thing is a bit wierd for me...
I was playing Luminous Arc and saved turned off my DS.
Turned it back on a few minutes later to play it, and my latest save was gone!!!
Any tips for me so this wont happen again?

Blackout

OP
Trophies
Website
geekllife.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
IMO get the R4...
just because it has more skins
tongue.gif

Yes the SuperCard has an amazing Moonshell OS, soft reset in Homebrew, and great integration with supercard slot-2 carts. And yes it has 100% rom compatibility and download play but!!!

The saving thing is a bit wierd for me...
I was playing Luminous Arc and saved turned off my DS.
Turned it back on a few minutes later to play it, and my latest save was gone!!!
Any tips for me so this wont happen again?

Right here: http://forum.supercard.cn/viewthread.php?t...&extra=page%3D1

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I'll say it for one last time : R4 and SCDS1 are both good cards, the save problem was major in V1 but you rarely see it one V2 cards so this isn't something that should drive you away from it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality