Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

Wiikey Modchip Now Arriving

Pre-orders arriving in the hands of members

wiikey.jpg

Several GBAtemp members are reporting that their Wiikey modchip pre-orders are arriving today. Stores began shipping out the much sought after modchip. Orders from foundmy and eurasia are confirmed to be arriving to customers.

If you were considering the quicksolder method of the Wiikey you might have to rethink using wires instead as members have said the quicksolder points are difficult to line up.

Perplexer said:
Quicksolder, however, is a joke. The points on the chip are way too far from the mark. I chose the quicksolder option anyway for a clean look but I don't suggest that option unless you are fairly experienced.

Still, once installed the modchip appears to be working just fine. Check out the thread below and feel free to report if your Wiikey arrives.

icon11.gif
Wiikey Discussion

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, that sucks. >_> I guess I should do wire solder since I never soldered before.
Hope mine arrives tomorrow or within the wiik, I really want it.
Still, pretty awesome. Anyone who got it:
want to make a quicksolder video? If it looks easy I may try it when mine arrives.

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is the Wiikey one of the best on the market? I was thinking about getting a Wii modchip, but I'm waiting for the perfect one. BTW, I'll have somebody solder it for me if I get one, because I have no solder skills at all
rolleyes.gif

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is the Wiikey one of the best on the market? I was thinking about getting a Wii modchip, but I'm waiting for the perfect one. BTW, I'll have somebody solder it for me if I get one, because I have no solder skills at all
rolleyes.gif
Currently it is the best.

If you want to wait tho, have your friend make you a chiip. Materials are cheaper.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The misinformation going on about these chips is crazy.

How is the Wiikey the best when the Wiinja Deluxe offers the same features?

Go with what's cheapest, they're both the same.

lennonguru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i installed mine yesterday and dang is it small!

works great and it really does have an update feature, thus making the best wii modchip.

as for quicksolder, don't even try it. the points don't line up, the board is too thick and also its raised up because of the design of the modchip's shape. it doesn't miss one of the points on the dvd drive. besides that though, it works like a charm!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.