Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

Comic Book DS ver 2.0 Final

New features & fixes

Comic Book DS is a Comic Books reader for the Nintendo DS. This update brings the version to 2.0 Final and includes a fair share o new features & fixes.

screen3_mini.jpg
Gnese said:

Comic Book DS v2.0 (04/02/2007):

• Renaming the .cbds files is not necessary anymore. The .cbds files can have any name (eg : "La Vie de Norman.cbds") and can be placed anywhere.

• The Library screen is more reactive to user inputs. When the book is not opened yet, the filename is displayed.

• Current page name is displayed during image load.

• Do not wait for key release anymore in Thumbnails and Library screens. This allows a quicker thumbnails navigation while keeping the key pressed.

• The Stylus (touch screen) can now be used with R4DS and M3 Simply.

• Sometimes, the selection frame of miniature mode was not displayed.

download.gif
Comic Book ver 2.0 Final

Lacrimosa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Damn. It gives me the message "fat access not supported".

I use a G6 lite. I copied the .sc.nds file, I tried to copy-paste the .gba file... Nothing.
cry.gif

Any help from someone? :'(

zatelli

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

I use a G6 lite. I copied the .sc.nds file, I tried to copy-paste the .gba file... Nothing.Â
cry.gif

Any help from someone? :'(
First grab both the DLDI Gui patcher & the G6 flash dldi patch. Open the folder containing Comic book DS insid which you'll find an "nds" folder with 3 binaries. Patch the ComicBookDS.nds file with G6 dldi patch using the GUI patcher. That's it.
You got FAT access error because the *.sc.nds binary is already patched with SC FATlib.
smile.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I use a G6 lite. I copied the .sc.nds file, I tried to copy-paste the .gba file... Nothing.Â
cry.gif

Any help from someone? :'(

First grab both the DLDI Gui patcher & the G6 flash dldi patch. Open the folder containing Comic book DS insid which you'll find an "nds" folder with 3 binaries. Patch the ComicBookDS.nds file with G6 dldi patch using the GUI patcher. That's it.
You got FAT access error because the *.sc.nds binary is already patched with SC FATlib.
smile.gif

I did just as you said but when the application boots the TS doesn`t react. But the comic is listed and thee is also this voice!

I`m using a R4 and yes I used the "r4tf.dldi"-file
wink.gif

Anyone has a suggestion why this happens?

Lacrimosa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
no there is no pdf reader for ds. this program converts jpegs, pngs? etc to view in aparticular style on the ds.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
to start, i think that pdf is a text-based file format, and jpg/png is obviously a graphic format. So if you were to convert it, it would be a HUGE file (unless its only text, but if it were, it'd be easier to convert it to be .txt)
In a nutshell (i said that on the FCAT today) I don't think it would be a good idea to convert .pdf to .png. Anyways, to make a pdf reader for DS wouldn't be feasible because the DS isn't powerful enough.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a PDF to Jpeg converter but the free trial I had puts a watermark on it... then I found a crack for it and all PDFs can be made into jpg...

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
lol @ above.

well i'm having problems getting this to work on my ez4.

using ds.gba file. it loads, but there is no directory to select cbds files or anything.

WiiDSbold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what a great piece of software!
yaynds.gif

so much possible ways to use it - very much user-definable
though touchscreen is a little bit uhhmm... touchy - maybe sensitivity should be toned down a little bit

it would be even more intuitive if you could like draw/ pull a rectangel on the touchscreen and get that certain space inside it magnified on the second screen - should be possible and would elevate it into realms of paid soft i think!

i don't know why i write all that stuff since its very unlikely the progger reads this forum... just had to - its THAT great! Theres seldom a game that gets me that excited...
wub.gif

LOSDucard

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I'm having problems opening one my books..i convert cbr file to cbds then load the program. when the program loads up it either stays stuck trying to open the book or it doesnt open the book and it says "No Book Found"

Can somebody help me please?

urbancontra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an awful time keeping text readable in CBDS. When I try to zoom in to read the text, it gets too fuzzy to read. When I zoom out to keep it from being fuzzy, it's too small. Does anyone have any resizing tips or PictoDS settings they use to help them with zooming in? I'm using the default settings right now.

half_hearts

Trophies
XP
Country
anyone know what dldi i should use for my XPress Card, tried a few but cant get any to work. any ideas?

i got 2.1 and have tried that, still now luck, all i get is a black screen, for bad patches.
With no patches jus says the "fat" problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I didnt have school today