Comic Book DS ver 2.0 Final

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by zatelli, Feb 5, 2007.

1. zatelli
    OP

zatelli GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 27, 2003
    France
    Always on the move...

Comic Book DS ver 2.0 Final

New features & fixes

Comic Book DS is a Comic Books reader for the Nintendo DS. This update brings the version to 2.0 Final and includes a fair share o new features & fixes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Comic Book ver 2.0 Final

2. Lacrimosa

Lacrimosa GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2006
    Greece
    Damn. It gives me the message "fat access not supported".

I use a G6 lite. I copied the .sc.nds file, I tried to copy-paste the .gba file... Nothing. [​IMG]

Any help from someone? :'(

3. Pundan

Pundan Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2006
    You have to use DLDI. You can read about how to do it in the Readme file.

4. zatelli
    OP

zatelli GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 27, 2003
    France
    Always on the move...
    First grab both the DLDI Gui patcher & the G6 flash dldi patch. Open the folder containing Comic book DS insid which you'll find an "nds" folder with 3 binaries. Patch the ComicBookDS.nds file with G6 dldi patch using the GUI patcher. That's it.
    You got FAT access error because the *.sc.nds binary is already patched with SC FATlib. [​IMG]

5. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    I did just as you said but when the application boots the TS doesn`t react. But the comic is listed and thee is also this voice!

I`m using a R4 and yes I used the "r4tf.dldi"-file [​IMG]

Anyone has a suggestion why this happens?

6. Lacrimosa

Lacrimosa GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2006
    Greece

Thanks! It worked. [​IMG]

I was in a rush, so I didn;t niticed the readme [​IMG]

7. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    can this be used to read pdf files? is there a program to convert them to work with this homebrew?

8. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    no there is no pdf reader for ds. this program converts jpegs, pngs? etc to view in aparticular style on the ds.

9. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    how do you cnvert a pdf file to jpeg and png's then? and is there a program that does it for free?

10. darksavior

darksavior GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2006
    United States
    hmm touchpad works but acts erratic. hope this gets fixed

11. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Sorry for asking but does this work with M3 CF without any additional patching?

12. imgod22222

imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    to start, i think that pdf is a text-based file format, and jpg/png is obviously a graphic format. So if you were to convert it, it would be a HUGE file (unless its only text, but if it were, it'd be easier to convert it to be .txt)
    In a nutshell (i said that on the FCAT today) I don't think it would be a good idea to convert .pdf to .png. Anyways, to make a pdf reader for DS wouldn't be feasible because the DS isn't powerful enough.

13. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I have a PDF to Jpeg converter but the free trial I had puts a watermark on it... then I found a crack for it and all PDFs can be made into jpg...

14. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    lol @ above.

well i'm having problems getting this to work on my ez4.

using ds.gba file. it loads, but there is no directory to select cbds files or anything.

15. WiiDSbold

WiiDSbold Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2006
    what a great piece of software! [​IMG]
    so much possible ways to use it - very much user-definable
    though touchscreen is a little bit uhhmm... touchy - maybe sensitivity should be toned down a little bit

it would be even more intuitive if you could like draw/ pull a rectangel on the touchscreen and get that certain space inside it magnified on the second screen - should be possible and would elevate it into realms of paid soft i think!

i don't know why i write all that stuff since its very unlikely the progger reads this forum... just had to - its THAT great! Theres seldom a game that gets me that excited... [​IMG]

16. LOSDucard

LOSDucard Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2007
    Italy
    I'm having problems opening one my books..i convert cbr file to cbds then load the program. when the program loads up it either stays stuck trying to open the book or it doesnt open the book and it says "No Book Found"

Can somebody help me please?

17. FuLei

FuLei GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2006
    United States
    New York
    Can DS-X run this?

18. coffegbg

coffegbg Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2006
    Yes it can!
    i love it!

[​IMG]

19. urbancontra

urbancontra Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2007
    United States
    I'm having an awful time keeping text readable in CBDS. When I try to zoom in to read the text, it gets too fuzzy to read. When I zoom out to keep it from being fuzzy, it's too small. Does anyone have any resizing tips or PictoDS settings they use to help them with zooming in? I'm using the default settings right now.

20. half_hearts

half_hearts Newbie

Newcomer
    May 3, 2007
    anyone know what dldi i should use for my XPress Card, tried a few but cant get any to work. any ideas?

i got 2.1 and have tried that, still now luck, all i get is a black screen, for bad patches.
    With no patches jus says the "fat" problem