for 160 Euros

???

DiegoCJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
G6 is way better... SC always sucked with poor GBA compatibility and slowdowns... the DS games in the SC can suffer from slow reading speed that may cause slowdowns, frameskip in videos and slower loadings...

PaolinoF15

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i d wait for m3lite
yaynds.gif

A

alucard_xs

i don't think every DS owners play GBA games on their DS, (I've got a real GBA if I want to play, it's much more comfortable for playing)
with my Ds, I've got a supercard lite and every games work like a charm
wink.gif

it's worth buying a supercard lite + micro SD 1 gigabytes, believe me
wink.gif

"the DS games in the SC can suffer from slow reading speed that may cause slowdowns, frameskip in videos and slower loadings... " -> totally wrong.

DiegoCJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"the DS games in the SC can suffer from slow reading speed that may cause slowdowns, frameskip in videos and slower loadings... " -> totally wrong.
Really? Maybe the slowdown complaints were just stupid people who were slow in the head...

Not every SD card runs at full speed with the SC, if yours does consider yourself lucky...

inter4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well alot of people stated that with the normal sandisk mirco sd and the lite version patcher the castelvania test didnt drop any from but there is some static in the sound so I think supercard team was able utilize the lower speed better than the older versions.

A

alucard_xs

I've got the classic microSD sandisc 1G, and I don't have any slowdown ...

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
If you like a G6 with 512mb go for it, it has almost perfect GBA support. If you don't care about GBA that much and want a lot more storage capacity and better support for slower flash memories, go for a SC Lite. Nowadays the games tend to be 128mb+, might be 256mb coming before the current year ends so I would never go for a G6 since it costs more and has no extra storage capacity.

Telling that SC lags is pure crap, M3 has the same problem if you buy a regular Kingston/Sandisk card. The Castlevania intro is just flawless with a regular sandisk if you have a SC Lite.

If you want better GBA support and you are willing to pay like 30-40% extra for that and some slow menus go for an M3 Lite. Otherwise I would go for a SC Lite.

Zap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like a G6 with 512mb go for it, it has almost perfect GBA support. If you don't care about GBA that much and want a lot more storage capacity and better support for slower flash memories, go for a SC Lite. Nowadays the games tend to be 128mb+, might be 256mb coming before the current year ends so I would never go for a G6 since it costs more and has no extra storage capacity.

Telling that SC lags is pure crap, M3 has the same problem if you buy a regular Kingston/Sandisk card. The Castlevania intro is just flawless with a regular sandisk if you have a SC Lite.

If you want better GBA support and you are willing to pay like 30-40% extra for that and some slow menus go for an M3 Lite. Otherwise I would go for a SC Lite.

I'm not gonna join _yet_another_ G6 vs SC battle royal thread.

I am, however, will be fixing erroneous false information used within the debating posts. In hope to shed light on the original post and have him make his own decision...

The comment I just bolded is absolutely false. The specification given by Nintendo is that the maximum rom size is 128 megabyte.(I assume he speaks in megabyte as we've seen many 512 megaBIT gamse as well as 1024 megabit games.) Of course, one can argue that Nintendo might change their size through firmware updates and such, but as past experiences have taught us... Nintendo haven't done this. They've kept their rom sizes to the specification initially released to the public.

In other words, the G6 can store 4 of the maxed sized DS roms as its max capacity (at the moment) is 512 megabyte. The SC is external memory based and, as advertised, can support up to 2 gigabyte (2048 megabyte) in size. This allows the SC card to hold up to 16 maxed DS roms, or so in theory.(roms can be trimmed) The increase in size will allow the user the flexibility to store A LOT of stuff, but comes at a cost of performance... or so it seems to be the cause of the debate.

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How can it play better when the G6 is done all through internal hardware which is not relying on the speed of a flash media card because there's no performance hit whatsoever..

Plus you can't say that you need to jump through hoops to get to the games since G6 goes straight to the NDS games menu

The only real difference between the two is homebrew compatibility (SC Favor), gba compatibility (G6 favor) and possibly case color/gba case swapping (G6 favor) plus space capacity (SC favor depending on how much money you want to spend)

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
G6 Lite:
Great DS and GBA Support
REAL TIME CLOCK for GBA Games!
Fits into a GBA/DS with the extra supplied cart.
8Gigabit/1Gigabyte version in development.

SC Lite:
Possible Slowdown if using wrong microSD card.
NO RTC.
Bad GBA Support.
A bit less DS Support than G6.
Doesnt fit into a GBA or DS Phat.
Has Noobs that say 4 Gigabit/512 Mbit is to low, FYI, Who would want to stick Movies/Music their flashcart? I have 6 DS Games and 13 GBA Games on my G6, DS wasn't made to run music or movies.

Oh yeah, the G6 isn't pricey, a SC Lite + MicroSD + Passkey = A little bit higher than a G6 Lite + Passkey

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check out my pros and cons list here:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=27045

It truly shows the G6Lite and SuperCard Lite's Pros and Cons!

Also the SuperCard Lite, SuperKey, and a SanDisk Ultra II 1GB microSD is only aprox $103 without shipping! Not to mention you are getting 1GB of space! And I'm sorry but 512MB is too small as I like to put 20+ games on my flashcart!

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
G6 sux for homebrew, and is, when most users here are use to at least 1GB of roms but I would guess the average to be 2GB, too small. I wouldn't even consider it...proven tempremental garbage.

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know for me about the space capacity..

I had a 2gb SD with like 35-40 games and you know what?

I only play with just five to ten of them (the ones with actual replay value, ie. MKDS) while the others just sit there and do nothing.. Guess it's just for convenience more than anything else though I still have to swap out games whenever something new comes out so it's really kinda pointless to have so much space to begin with.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know for me about the space capacity..

I had a 2gb SD with like 35-40 games and you know what?

I only play with just five to ten of them (the ones with actual replay value, ie. MKDS) while the others just sit there and do nothing.. Guess it's just for convenience more than anything else though I still have to swap out games whenever something new comes out so it's really kinda pointless to have so much space to begin with.

QFT. A user in the EZ4 board says it won't display more than 80 roms... why would you possibly want 80 games? you won't play them all... ever.

Brouhaha

Trophies
Website
spaces.msn.com
XP
Country
Canada
Has Noobs that say 4 Gigabit/512 Mbit is to low, FYI, Who would want to stick Movies/Music their flashcart? I have 6 DS Games and 13 GBA Games on my G6, DS wasn't made to run music or movies.

For your information, I do wanna store music and movies on my flashcart. Why? Because I can... Now let me ask you this: Who would want to play music/movies, nes, sms, gba, n64, psx, tg16, etc, etc, yet more etc on an Xbox? Xbox wasn't made to be a media center or an emulation station! Funny though how the Xbox Media Center is easily THE most enjoyed homebrewed application on it
wink2.gif

For your education, it's what homebrew is all about buddy. Doing things you can't usually do, including running backups. DS wasn't made to run backups, yet you have 19 on your flashcart. Kthanx bye!

lars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for comments.
Thanx FifthE1ement for the review.
bow.gif

- I do not net GBA support, 'cause I own a real GBA.
gbasp.gif

- I want to store "some" games on my card. The more the better.
cool.gif

So I'll go for a Supercard lite.

But the mentioned shop (superCardStore) dont offer a Sandisk II Ultra.
Winsunx sux is out of stock.
And my local dealer wants rip me off (160 Euros! pah!).

I dont care about shipping time... Any good address to buy from (I'm from germany. West-half.)
ph34r.gif

Thanx!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk if i'm weird bc i don't like when people break the pasta even tho i don't think i'm italian...