Hacking G6 Flash Lite 4Gbit -OR- Supercard LITE

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
I got my Ultra-II MicroSD from emartbuy.co.uk however i am un-sure as to whether or not they ship to germany, give a try.

hope it helps

Charly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
G6 Flash Lite 4Gbit + Passme
for 160 Euros
160euros? Are you killing?
Go on hopebuy.com !
wink2.gif

zragnarok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont understand when G6 fanboys say that SC/EZ4 have "bad GBA compatiblity"... sure its not 100% but id wager its well over 95% compatible and the games that dont work are the ones that no one plays anyways

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
Just buy the Ultra II separately, there is like no difference between a regular sandisk and an Ultra II one. Only the time you need to copy files to the card.

Eventually it's up to the person whether to choose an M3/G6 product or a SuperCard one. Both are great, a question of money and what do you want from your adapter/cart... a matter of opinion so to speak. So everyone have fun deciding which product to buy.

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I'll go for a Supercard lite.

But the mentioned shop (superCardStore) dont offer a Sandisk II Ultra.
Winsunx sux is out of stock.
And my local dealer wants rip me off (160 Euros! pah!).

I dont care about shipping time... Any good address to buy from (I'm from germany. West-half.)Â
ph34r.gif

Thanx!

Just buy SC from SuperCardStore and MicroSD here:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000F2YI06/ (today 45,95 € - last time i checked it was even cheaper)
So you have to pay: 53 € SuperCard Lite + 45,95 € 1GB SanDisk Ultra II = 98,95 € total

Sodeju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Supercard Lite 53 euro
Superkey 23 euro
SanDisk MicroSD 1 gb 41 euro

and the best service there is
117 euro's incl. shipping costs

Just order a Supercard Lite @ www.supercardstore.com
wink.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for comments.
Thanx FifthE1ement for the review. 
bow.gif

- I do not net GBA support, 'cause I own a real GBA. 
gbasp.gif

- I want to store "some" games on my card. The more the better. 
cool.gif

So I'll go for a Supercard lite.

But the mentioned shop (superCardStore) dont offer a Sandisk II Ultra.
Winsunx sux is out of stock.
And my local dealer wants rip me off (160 Euros! pah!).

I dont care about shipping time... Any good address to buy from (I'm from germany. West-half.) Â
ph34r.gif

Thanx!

Here ya go bud, lowest is 40,55 Euros!

http://www.hardwareschotte.de/hardware/pre...sh+microSD+Card

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

gr33dy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also the SuperCard Lite, SuperKey, and a SanDisk Ultra II 1GB microSD is only aprox $103 without shipping!
Can you please show me how are you arriving at $103? It sounds like you found the cheapest prices you could for the SC Lite and Superkey from a non-US site that most likely has outrageous shipping charges. I think the SC Lite and everything that is necessary to have it up and running is more expensive than the G6 Lite. My prices below are from two reputable dealers located in the US (reasonable shipping) as of 08-22.

RHS - SC Lite + Superkey Bundle = $72.00 (+Shipping - $5.33)
Newegg - Sandisk Ultra II 1GB MicroSD = $49.99 (+Shipping - $4.99)
Card Reader - (Generic) = $~8.00 (+Shipping - ~$3.00) (Possibly more)
Total: $129.99 (Shipped - $~143.31)

RHS - G6 Lite + Passcard 3 Bundle = $112.99 (+Shipping - $6.29)
Total: $112.99 (Shipped - $119.28)

So, after factoring in the shipping costs of all the items (which is what really matters), the SC Lite (with everything listed above) is ~$24.03 more than the G6 Lite. BTW, I'm not talking about which cart is better, I'm only talking about sheer price. I posted this to show that, unless I'm missing something, the SC route is not cheaper as everyone seems to think it is.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also the SuperCard Lite, SuperKey, and a SanDisk Ultra II 1GB microSD is only aprox $103 without shipping!
Can you please show me how are you arriving at $103? It sounds like you found the cheapest prices you could for the SC Lite and Superkey from a non-US site that most likely has outrageous shipping charges. I think the SC Lite and everything that is necessary to have it up and running is more expensive than the G6 Lite. My prices below are from two reputable dealers located in the US (reasonable shipping) as of 08-22.

RHS - SC Lite + Superkey Bundle = $72.00 (+Shipping - $5.33)
Newegg - Sandisk Ultra II 1GB MicroSD = $49.99 (+Shipping - $4.99)
Card Reader - (Generic) = $~8.00 (+Shipping - ~$3.00) (Possibly more)
Total: $129.99 (Shipped - $~143.31)

RHS - G6 Lite + Passcard 3 Bundle = $112.99 (+Shipping - $6.29)
Total: $112.99 (Shipped - $119.28)

So, after factoring in the shipping costs of all the items (which is what really matters), the SC Lite (with everything listed above) is ~$24.03 more than the G6 Lite. BTW, I'm not talking about which cart is better, I'm only talking about sheer price. I posted this to show that, unless I'm missing something, the SC route is not cheaper as everyone seems to think it is.
SuperCard Lite + SuperKey @ Winsunx.com = $54.69 + $18.00 3 day shipping = $72.69
SanDisk Ultra II 1GB microSD @ Newegg.com = $44.95 + FREE SHIPPING 3 day shipping = $44.95
Total = $99.64 (Shipped = $117.64)

or

SuperCard Lite + SuperKey @ Realhotstuff.com = $72.00 + $5.33 USPS = $77.33
SanDisk Ultra II 1GB microSD @ Newegg.com = $44.95 + FREE SHIPPING 3 day shipping = $44.95
Total = $116.95 (Shipped = $122.28)

or

SuperCard Lite + SuperKey @ Winsunx.com = $54.69 + $18.00 3 day shipping = $72.69
SanDisk Ultra II 1GB microSD @ Newegg.com = $49.99 + $4.99 3 day shipping = $54.98
Total = $104.68 (Shipped = $127.67)

Man you really got hit hard on that one buddy. Next time look around at all the stores! Winsunx.com is one of the best stores around and so is buy.com,newegg.com, and Realhotstuff.com! And all for a few bucks cheaper than the G6Lite with only 512MB!

FifthE1ement
lecture.gif

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure people will argue against that by using the whole "better dollar value per megabyte" deal..

Though I'm just pointing that out since I already bought a G6Lite and have a M3CF/4gb and a SCSD/2gb, so I really don't see the point for MORE capacity when I already have like 6.5gb of it.. LOL

gr33dy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man you really got hit hard on that one buddy.
I sure did....
rolleyes.gif

Winsunx - SC Lite + Superkey = $76.715 (Shipped)
Newegg - Sandisk Ultra II 1GB MicroSD = $54.98 (Shipped)
Card Reader - (Generic) = $11 (Shipped) - (Possibly more / which you conveniently left out)
Total: $142.695 (Shipped)
OR
Total: $132.665 (Shipped) (if you purchase the memory through Buy.com with a crappy MIR.)

VS.

Winsunx - G6 Lite + Passcard 3 = $110.215 (Shipped)
Total: $110.215 (Shipped)

QUOTEAnd all for a few bucks cheaper than the G6Lite with only 512MB!
I like how you didn't include the price you found on Winsunx for a G6 Lite + Passcard 3.
unsure.gif

Using Winsunx and Newegg, the SC Lite (with everything) is $32.48 more (or $22.4 more using Buy.com and crappy MIR) than the G6 Lite (with passcard). I used the same shipping address on Winsunx and chose paypal as the payment method for both items. (Which I'm assuming is why our numbers are a bit different.) Again, the SC route is more expensive. You're in denial.

lecture.gif

EDIT: Went back and added Buy.com price for comparison. In your post, you have Newegg listed as selling the memory for $44.95 (Shipped) instead of Buy.com. You also neglected to mention that the $44.95 price is with a rebate.

preelude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its more expensive cuz you are getting TWICE as much storage space

i dont see why you are even comparing g6 512 vs sclite 1gb

gr33dy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i dont see why you are even comparing g6 512 vs sclite 1gb
I'm not sure who you are referring to. FifthE1ement keeps suggesting that a 1Gig SC Lite setup is less expensive than a G6 Lite (512Mb) setup:
And all for a few bucks cheaper than the G6Lite with only 512MB!
I kept seeing stuff like this around and decided to really add up the costs of each item and everything necessary to have a working solution. Everyone seems to get excited when they see the relatively low price for the SC Lite cart itself. They don't seem to take into consideration the costs of all the other items that are needed.

QUOTE(preelude @ Aug 23 2006, 06:43 AM)
its more expensive cuz you are getting TWICE as much storage space
For the sake of your argument, I decided to compare a SC Lite solution using 512Mb with a G6 Lite solution.

Winsunx - SC Lite + Superkey = $76.715 (Shipped)
Newegg - Sandisk 512Mb MicroSD (non-Ultra) = $28.98 (Shipped)
Card Reader - (Generic) = $11 (Shipped) - (Possibly more)
Total: $116.695 (Shipped)

Winsunx - G6 Lite + Passcard 3 = $110.215 (Shipped)
Total: $110.215 (Shipped)

So, using a SC Lite setup using 512Mb of memory is still more expensive ($6.48) than a G6 setup. This is also using standard Sandisk memory (non-Ultra) which may result in slow-down in some games.

I understand that both products are different and each have their pro's and con's. The good thing about the SC is that, unlike the G6, you can always add more memory. If you want to spend an extra $20-30 dollars for an extra 512Mb of memory, so be it. I just wish people would stop acting like the SC is such a steal.
smile.gif

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

showdown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no superkey in that (+$22)... or SD cardreader but I guess you said that's $5 and included it

Also my card is the best and your card sucks and I have NO room for compromise or acknowledgement of the other card!

How many of you actually own both cards? Anyone?

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wonder if they give you a fake Sandisk in that bundle.. That would suck
tongue.gif

EDIT: Actually the G6Lite bundle is a $1 ripoff.. Buying it seperately is where you actually save money
rofl2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-