Homebrew Really Bad Eggs 20110627 (Super Foul Egg/Puyo Puyo)

ant512

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the first alpha release of my latest homebrew project. It's a remake/re-imagining of Super Foul Egg, a freeware Commodore Amiga version of Puyo Puyo.

There's still a lot of work to do on the presentation side of things, but the game itself is mostly complete. The only issue that you might run into is the number of block colours. Although the menu system suggests that you can choose to have 4, 5 or 6 block colours in a game, only the first 4 have been implemented. Choosing 5 or 6 colours will crash the DS.

You can download the game here:

ReallyBadEggs 20110627

Regarding the presentation, if you're a graphics person and interested in contributing, I need:

- A title screen to replace the current plain text when the game starts up;
- A background image for the menu system (though I could just re-use the title screen, probably blurred and greyscaled);
- A background image for the high score table (not coded yet);
- A graphic for the bottom screen when a game is being played with areas to put the current level, number of chains, score and incoming garbage count.

If you're interested in helping out, and are willing to have your work distributed under the MIT/X11 licence, let me know!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm no 'eggs'-pert but would something like this do for the title screen

ReallyBadEggs.png

(BTW - I've got NO idea what the MIT/X11 licence actually is - but all my pictures I make are free to use as long as somewhere my name is mentioned)

ant512

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the title screen! However, I've recruited the guy who put together the Simian Zombie monkey to make something cartoony and unique.

ant512

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
While I love Puyo Puyo, I don't see the point in this homebrew when there are already several Puyo Puyo games on the DS, 15th anniversary being the best one in my opinion since it has a lot of different game variations.
That's probably why this topic only has a few posts (and they're only by 2 people not counting me)
Not to say it was a waste of time making this homebrew but you could have better spent your time on making something that doesn't already exist on the DS, or making something brand new.
Seems like a good Puyo Puyo clone though.

ant512

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Real Jdbye said:
While I love Puyo Puyo, I don't see the point in this homebrew when there are already several Puyo Puyo games on the DS, 15th anniversary being the best one in my opinion since it has a lot of different game variations.

Strangely enough, I *hate* Puyo Puyo, Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, etc. I seem
to spend most of the time watching tedious anime interludes instead of playing the game. On the other hand, I could play Super Foul Egg for hours. Unfortunately, playing super Foul Egg meant firing up
VMWare Fusion, then WinUAE, then loading AmigaOS, then playing the game. I can play the DS game whenever I want, wherever I want.

wasim

♫ Music addict ♫
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Another World said:
ant, i really hope you do not leave the ds scene for good. your last two projects have been real treats. this is the time that we need bigger and better homebrew made with care and polish.

-another world
which is his last 2 projects ??
earth shaker and ?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wasim said:
Another World said:
ant, i really hope you do not leave the ds scene for good. your last two projects have been real treats. this is the time that we need bigger and better homebrew made with care and polish.

-another world
which is his last 2 projects ??
earth shaker and ?
and Really Bad Eggs.

Thanks ant512 for this last update. I was also a fan of this game back to the Amiga days.
happy.gif

Also a fan of deluxe pacman. I've never seen any adaptation of this game on DS ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-